Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seem fair to you? My mom is saying I am being unfair..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I went Easter shopping yesterday and this is what I have bought for the kids.....DS (9) 5 new summer outfits,sandals,baseball glove,baseball bat, baseball and a pair of cleats plus a beach bucket with some candy....DD (6) 6 new outfits, sandals, a bike and helmet plus a beach bucket with candy.... DS (13) 5 new summer outfits, sandals and some candy (he is not done yet) yes i spent more on DD this year because she got a new bike, but that is because last year both DS 9 and DS 13 got new bikes for Easter and DD did not...My mom is saying I am being unfair by spending more on one then the other two, I am saying I am not being unfair because last year i spent more on the boys then on DD, plus they are all getting stuff they need...

Who do you agree with my mom or me?

****EDIT***This is all stuff I need to buy the kids anyways (DS needs that stuff for baseball this year and DD needs a bike plus of course all the kids need summer clothes)so i just choose to buy it for them on a holiday instead of just for the hell of it....I have always done it this way...some years the kids have gotten simple baskets and other years stuff like this because it was needed any ways
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I dont think you are being unfair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I think that's all overboard for Easter. I just do simple baskets. But as far as the question goes, it's not unfair given last years situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM

How does she know what you spent on each of  them?? It sounds fair to me...You got what the children wanted and needed...right?? Tell her if it matters that much to her...she can make up any difference, lol

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
4 moms liked this

I think you are treating Easter like Christmas which IMO is stupid.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

bikes for easter, really?  i had no idea kids got gifts for every holiday until i started coming to this site.

as far as fair -- i've never put much stock in to the "spending the same amount of money on each kid" philosophy.  you get the kids what they need/want.  who cares if one kid's stuff costs more than the next kid.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Are your kids checking the receipts? How is it unfair if they don't have a clue what you spent? I guarantee they aren't counting up the items and comparing what each of them got. If they are, well, then you have bigger problems than just a nosy mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Is this Easter or Christmas?
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM
No it doesn't seem unfair, your boys are older they can understand that little sister got more this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abigailsmommy11
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Wow...you really go all out for Easter huh? lol 

To answer your question, I do not think you are being unfair.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I don't think you're being unfair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)