Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont know enough about newborns. :(

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
I feel like I have forgotten everything since my last baby 5 years ago.

How many times can my 1 month old poop a day before I need to be worried. I think he might have diahreea but how do I know...his poop is always runny. Today he has been shitting nonstop.

When do I worry? I have no way to get him to a PEDs doc or family doc. The ER is my only option. At least until next week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PepperWillow
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Bump
jaylinsmom1
by Shannon on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM

look up google images of diarrhea for infants. I know not the best thing to look at, but it may give you piece of mind for the night. I took my DS in at 5wks bc he was going so much and they told me he was dehydrated..but on a norm..he would poop about 6x a day bc I BF him...after every feeding. Is there an after hours number you can call? Have you counted how many he has had today? 

Dont feel bad my DS is 4months old today, my DD is almost 5 and DS is 7 so I know the feeling..I swear google was my best friend. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Do you BF? BF babies tend to poop more because it's easier for them to digest than formula. I think the average is 1-5 for poop, 8 for pee. But don't feel bad, my LO is only nine months and I can't remember. Those days you work more on robot mode than actually knowing anything.

Shelby212302
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM
*usually* if baby is acting normally besides the diarrhea, just make sure he is eating normal and monitor wet and poo diapers (watch the wet to help gauge his hydration) is there a rash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM

They be a pooping machine.. 

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/baby-care/baby-poop_84974#gallery/diarrhea

xoch86
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM

My son as a newborn pooped on the hour, sometimes twice on the hour.. It was crazy! I thought there was something wrong, but it's just the breastmilk.. He ate every half hour to an hour, and pooped just as often.. Fast metabolism, and breastmilk is easy to digest.

he'll be 4 months tomorrow and still goes multiple times a day

mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM
The important factor is how much they urinate. They should be peeing at least 8 dipers a day to show they are hydrated. If you can't tell the difference between poop and.pee....get to an ER quickly....babies this young dehydrate in.a.matter of hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN