Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Is there any way to look up if there is an open cps case against a person?

My BFF, ex hub said he had a note on his door from cps saying there is a case pending. He said he called and that they left a note on her door too.
She had no note left from any cps worker and hasn't been contacted.
They have joint custody of their daughter and he has been ignoring her phone calls and texts . Finally he admitted that she can't pick up her daughter because he said so.

She wants to make sure he is being honest or straight lying.
I think that if there was a pending case that thy would find a way to contact her. Not just leave a note on the door.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM

No.

bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM

ex is lying, but the real question is WHY

what could he possibly gain by making up a cps case that doesn't exist?

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Just conact CPS and ask them....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:44 AM
He has constantly tried to keep BFF out of his life.
He remarried and has another child with that person.
I told her that I think he just wants her to go away and live in her happy world with his new fam.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:47 AM
That's what I told her to do tomorrow... To just contact them.

They already have custody arrangements and he said he can't go back to them because he just can't.
I'm assuming it doesn't work with his schedule.

BFF has her parenting time starting Monday so she was just going to go pick her daughter up at his house. Just show up.
And if he doesn't let her have their daughter then would she be able to call the police? So she can get her weekly time with her daughter?
Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM

CPS would leave a note or a card but she needs to call up there and find out if they did. If there is one then they can tell her why.  He cant keep the child away at this point because its not him that can make that decision its cps.  She really needs to call up there. 

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:01 AM

If they have a custody arrangement in place he cant go back on that until they go to court again..so yes she probably could call the police but i dont think that is a good idea...she needs to take him back to court if he isnt following the judges orders.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I told her to do tomorrow... To just contact them.

They already have custody arrangements and he said he can't go back to them because he just can't.
I'm assuming it doesn't work with his schedule.

BFF has her parenting time starting Monday so she was just going to go pick her daughter up at his house. Just show up.
And if he doesn't let her have their daughter then would she be able to call the police? So she can get her weekly time with her daughter?

worship
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Just contact cups office and ask them if there is an open case against u
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Well BFF called cps and was told that if there was a case she would know. They told her that she should be contacted in the next 3 days if there is an open case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)