Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro~Life or Pro~Choice?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What made you decide to be either prolife or prochoice?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:20 AM

How much more education do people need LOL

YOU HAVE SEX YOU GET PREGNANT LOL

Plenty of access to free condoms and education you just have to look for it.....

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

i believe abortion should only be done in cases of rape, incest, mothers health in jeopardy, or when the baby has a medical condition that is incompatible with life

i also believe women (and men) need more education about/access to preventing pregnancy in the first place

bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:24 AM

many of those resources are not widely advertised, and many lower-income women don't know where to start looking, and not everybody has common sense, some need to be told repeatedly

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Plenty of access to free condoms and education you just have to look for it.....

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

i believe abortion should only be done in cases of rape, incest, mothers health in jeopardy, or when the baby has a medical condition that is incompatible with life

i also believe women (and men) need more education about/access to preventing pregnancy in the first place

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Lower income women are not retarted. They know where they can get condoms and BC. I get so sick of all the excuses and the abortions......As far as common sense goes ur telling me LOL MY SIL HAS NO common sense LOL

I am a firm believer in risk reduction though...i feel really the kids in school are the ones who need the education but alot of school districts won't allow it. For sex ed all i got was a bunch of horrific STD pics and a quick glance at what a condom looked like...none of that putting a comdom on a banana which i actually feel woulda been very effective. 

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

many of those resources are not widely advertised, and many lower-income women don't know where to start looking, and not everybody has common sense, some need to be told repeatedly

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Pro-choice because I generally don't care what other people do with their lives.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM

While I feel majority of abortions are for the wrong reason ultimately it is not my body and not my choice.

bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM

1st paragraph - clearly you have not met the lower income women in my neighborhood - i truely believe some of them are missing more than a few brain cells

2nd paragraph - that would be covered in the whole "more education" thing i mentioned, if they don't get that education from hs/parents/trusted people as teens, why do you think they would know better as adults?

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Lower income women are not retarted. They know where they can get condoms and BC. I get so sick of all the excuses and the abortions......As far as common sense goes ur telling me LOL MY SIL HAS NO common sense LOL

I am a firm believer in risk reduction though...i feel really the kids in school are the ones who need the education but alot of school districts won't allow it. For sex ed all i got was a bunch of horrific STD pics and a quick glance at what a condom looked like...none of that putting a comdom on a banana which i actually feel woulda been very effective. 

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I think abortion is hypocritical. If the mother wants the baby it's life is of value but if she doesn't its nothing but disposable flesh.

We should just wipe out the human population! Problem solved!
anon1986East
by Kali on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I've always believed it's none of any one's business what another person does. That decisions over your body, not just abortion but all concerns over your own body, is a choice only you can make. My choice to have this view was reinforced after reading so many of the stories of what happened to women when abortion was illegal. I would never want to see that happen again, and sadly it is exactly what will happen should abortion become illegal again.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM
People DO abort wanted pregnancies. Sometimes in life things happen beyond our control and warrant for abortions to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think abortion is hypocritical. If the mother wants the baby it's life is of value but if she doesn't its nothing but disposable flesh.

We should just wipe out the human population! Problem solved!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AO-88
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Both...I myself could not abort but it is not my place to judge someone else. We all have our own beliefs and situations. And NOBODY should have the right to say what I can and can't do to my body!

So pro life for me but pro choice for our own bodies :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)