Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro~Life or Pro~Choice?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What made you decide to be either prolife or prochoice?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
If they truly want the baby, they would not abort. Its excuses.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

People DO abort wanted pregnancies. Sometimes in life things happen beyond our control and warrant for abortions to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think abortion is hypocritical. If the mother wants the baby it's life is of value but if she doesn't its nothing but disposable flesh.

We should just wipe out the human population! Problem solved!

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I was pro-life as a preteen and early teenager because it was how I was raised. Then, though I'm not quite sure why, I switched to pro-choice. I'm glad I switched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
So if the pregnancy is going to kill her she should remain pregnant?

Quoting Anonymous:

If they truly want the baby, they would not abort. Its excuses.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

People DO abort wanted pregnancies. Sometimes in life things happen beyond our control and warrant for abortions to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think abortion is hypocritical. If the mother wants the baby it's life is of value but if she doesn't its nothing but disposable flesh.

We should just wipe out the human population! Problem solved!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Pro-choice because sometimes the situation is not just black and white. Women have the right to choose whether they can give the baby a good quality of life, instead of being forced to bring one into the world and not be able to afford it or take care of it properly. REGARDLESS of how the pregnancy happened (failed birth control, whatever). 

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
When I realized that not only do I not have a right to dictate what other people do with their bodies, but I couldn't possibly begin to conceive of all the possible situations that would drive someone to make that choice. It's not right to say "Well you can have one because you were raped, but YOU can't have one because of financial hardship," etcetera. It's the whole 'walk a mile in their shoes' thing.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I am pro life, and have been since I could understand the concept. In my family, we value every life, every baby is a gift, and there are no mistakes, there is a reason for every conception. Its how I was raised.  I have heard the heartbeat, seen the tiny movements, very early in the pregnancy. There is absolutely no way I could ever be responsible for ending that.  My first child was conceived by violent means, I not only continued the pregnancy, but raised him. He changed my life and I would not change a thing. So why would I stand on a sidewalk and protest against abortion for others? For the same reason I would intervene if I saw a child being beaten in the grocery store, or a woman being mugged in the street. It's the responsible, moral thing to do to try to save lives. It's not just YOUR uterus, it's another human being's life.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

The fact that it's not my business what another person does with their own body.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Prochoice bc I had my own choice stolen many years ago
lindilouwho82
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I am 100% Pro-Choice! Why? Because it is none of my concern what others are doing with their lives. I don't want anyone telling me how I should live, what choices I should make or that the decisions I have made make me a bad person.

I live and let live.

tiffluv81
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Even though I can understand both sides I am still pro life...... I don't knock the next person down for their decisions that is opposed to mine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)