Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro~Life or Pro~Choice?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What made you decide to be either prolife or prochoice?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Replies (41-50):
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Pro-life. There was never anything to decide for me.

lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I am pro life, and have been since I could understand the concept. In my family, we value every life, every baby is a gift, and there are no mistakes, there is a reason for every conception. Its how I was raised.  I have heard the heartbeat, seen the tiny movements, very early in the pregnancy. There is absolutely no way I could ever be responsible for ending that.  My first child was conceived by violent means, I not only continued the pregnancy, but raised him. He changed my life and I would not change a thing. So why would I stand on a sidewalk and protest against abortion for others? For the same reason I would intervene if I saw a child being beaten in the grocery store, or a woman being mugged in the street. It's the responsible, moral thing to do to try to save lives. It's not just YOUR uterus, it's another human being's life.

All of you 'reasons' are acceptable but how are you making a difference in the lives of those children that were born in horrible conditions? Or the children in foster care that have no moms or dads? Are you actively adopting children? Donating to those less fortunate? Taking in pregnant teen moms?

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I was pro choice until I did a lot of research when we had to for my friends freakononics class.I didn't like any of it. I realized I was pro life. Have been for years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I've always been *pro life* for myself.  Now, if a situation like rape arises then who knows I may change my mind then.  But until then it's not for me!   For others I also believe it's their right to choose.  Just like with everything else :)

elkmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Pro-Choice   I am against abortion in general, however there are exceptions.  I believe in the right of choice and the freedom to live your life as you choose.  I am against nearly anything that interferes with another's right of choice.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

...If I can have the choice to be pro-life then others should be able to have their choice as well

which makes me Pro-Choice... Pro-its you not me, i'll mind my own business.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

i guess i'm somewhere in the middle.   i don't believe in abortion as birth control.  i understand it in some circumstances, but not for sheer irresponsiblity.  if you were raped, ok.  if you are being abused and end up pregnant and in a horrible, violent situation, ok.  if it's a little girl who has no idea what's going on with her body and was molested, she shouldn't be forced to carry, but i don't think it should be left up to her either. i do think she should have a say.  

in any of those cases, i know i ncould ever abort, even if my life was in danger.  i've had 2 miscarriages and they were both heartbreaking.   i'm still recovering from the last one.  but i don't think abortion should be illegal.  i do think it needs to be strongly regulated.  and i think that every single woman who gets an abortion should have extensive counceling before hand ( never had one so idk if they do that or not).  i also think that habitual aborters should be sterilized.  better to not be able to have kids than to keep getting pregnant and killing them.  as a general rule, i think to each their own, but at some point, personal responsibility has to come in to play.  if not, then and only then, should the government step in. 

robyann
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

For myself personally, I am pro-life, I wouldn't abort. BUT I am noone else's judge. It's not my place to tell someone they are wrong in what they choose. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Exactly.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

The fact that it's not my business what another person does with their own body.

angelbabies11
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Ultrasounds.  How can you look at that amazing life and imgaine killing it???

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)