Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long after you two met.... (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

did you meet BM? i have been with my DF for two and a half years and i still don't know BM not even by picture. she is literally a figment of my imagination. sometimes i have dreams of her and she looks different every time. My SK mom is DRAMA she causes DF so much heartache its ridiculous. I honestly can go without meeting her, cus I'm already knowing the day we meet even the simple "hello" will be awkward. im not gonna lie, but i have nothing nice to say to her, but keeping my mouth shut and being cordial will be hard , but an obvious MUST.

but my question is how long after you got with SO did you meet BM?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I had met his mother and father before we were dating. We were roommates before we were a couple.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:09 AM

technically dh is step-dad to our oldest, and has never met sperm donor (cannot use any positive reference for that man) and ds will be 15 in a few months, dh has been there since ds was 5mths old

jcrenshawswifey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Well I grew up with my DH (even if he is 8 years older than me). Our families go back generations so there was never a time where I didn't know his two BMs. His first BM was the daughter of another family friend of ours, and his 2nd BM was his high school sweetheart. Have you spoken to your DF about this? I'm not sure how long you can go without meaning the BM if you two are gettng married.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I've seen pictures of her. Never met her though.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Within 3 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt-manda
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
A couple of months he had surgery and was asleep, I had to introduce myself to the whole family by myself in the hospital! "good times" :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
canog08
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM

yes i know not much longer can go before i HAVE to meet her, but she gives my DF such a hard time about the kids its insane. shes just all over the place and what i mean by that is on minute shes hot the next shes cold. there is no way to keep with her. its like she expects him to kiss her ass 24/7. he never bashes her and she is obviously a great mother but he has pointed out that she coould (in his words) act like a wierdo... which in the last 2.5 years i have seen for my self.

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

Well I grew up with my DH (even if he is 8 years older than me). Our families go back generations so there was never a time where I didn't know his two BMs. His first BM was the daughter of another family friend of ours, and his 2nd BM was his high school sweetheart. Have you spoken to your DF about this? I'm not sure how long you can go without meaning the BM if you two are gettng married.

jcrenshawswifey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Sounds a lot like DH's 2nd BM. I try not to interact with her too much. Only if it's a  MUST. She and I were ok until DH and I started dating. She became different after that. I think your DF is just trying to keep you out of the drama. Maybe the meeting between you and BM can be a one time/brief thing so that you don't have to have too much interraction with her. 

Quoting canog08:

yes i know not much longer can go before i HAVE to meet her, but she gives my DF such a hard time about the kids its insane. shes just all over the place and what i mean by that is on minute shes hot the next shes cold. there is no way to keep with her. its like she expects him to kiss her ass 24/7. he never bashes her and she is obviously a great mother but he has pointed out that she coould (in his words) act like a wierdo... which in the last 2.5 years i have seen for my self.

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)