Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wouldn't this be enough of a reason?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am 25 weeks pregnant and still have awful morning sickness. Early in the pregnancy I was on Diclectin but my OB took me off it. I've been asking for a prescription for it again but it he won't give it to me. I had an appointment yesterday (3 weeks from my last one) and I've lost 5 lbs!! 5 lbs in 3 weeks!!! My uterus is measuring 2 weeks ahead, her heartbeat is good (was at 150 bpm) and she moves a lot but I am miserable. He's still refusing to give me the script. I can't get a new OB, no other OBs will take me as a patient because I am so far along.
Should I just go to the walk-in clinic of our ER tomorrow and ask for a script? (No regular walk-in or urgent care here)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Im 22 weeks ive lost 40 pounds only gained one. My ob did send me a script. The nausea is barely going away.. Id keep asking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM

have you asked why he is refusing to give you a perscribtion?

he might have a reason you dont know about (though he should have told you)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM
He said that he'd rather me figure out a way to handle it naturally. I've TRIED. I've tried ginger tea, ginger ale, lemonade, iced tea, peppermint, Preggie Pops, those wrist bands that help with motion sickness, dry toast, eating small meals, avoiding greasy food, avoiding spicy food, saltines, etc.

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM

One word- marijuana

DID wonders for me

Quoting Anonymous:

He said that he'd rather me figure out a way to handle it naturally. I've TRIED. I've tried ginger tea, ginger ale, lemonade, iced tea, peppermint, Preggie Pops, those wrist bands that help with motion sickness, dry toast, eating small meals, avoiding greasy food, avoiding spicy food, saltines, etc.

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Honestly, I'd rather not. I'm all for marijuana usage but that goes beyond my comfort level while pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

One word- marijuana

DID wonders for me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

bi-polarmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

in that case your dr is a prick, and go to the walk-in clinic

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I understand last resort of course

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I'd rather not. I'm all for marijuana usage but that goes beyond my comfort level while pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

One word- marijuana

DID wonders for me

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM
This is going to sound crazy. But when I felt let I was going to puke, I would squirt lemon juice in my mouth. It helped.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)