Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Private lessons + kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DD is 21 and autistic. She has private singing/guitar lessons, an hour a week. She came home today with a silly smile on her face and I asked what was up; she said that her teacher had changed, and that he was really really cute. I'm a bit worried because DD has a habit of behaving innapropriately with boys and I've had to recently revert to asking her who/what/when/where/why and making her check in when she goes out. She does this because some little cow in her old high school told her that being a slut was "cool" and hasn't managed to get it out of her head since. The music school told me that because she's over 18, because she booked the lessons independantly, because she pays for her own lessons they can't talk to me about anything without DD being next to me. I want to know; I want to give her independance, but on the other hand is it too much that I randomly check in on lessons to make sure that he's not taking advantage of her? The room they are in is in the back of the store, where it isn't constantly in traffic. The manager said she hasn't heard anything suspicious but she is all the way at the front of the store... What do you mom's do with your kids having private lessons or tutoring in houses?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Replies (31-31):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I want to; but what if that makes him think he *can* take advantage of her?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you could just talk to the teacher and explain the situation to him, so he's aware of what might happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

When I was in elementary school, I took private summer lessons from my band director. I went there by myself on my bike. My mom never felt the need to check on me.

Just because your daughter thinks he is cute, doesn't mean he is attracted to her. And even if he were, he is a professional doing his job, and I'm sure he is aware of your daughter's disability. I think she'll be ok...

Was that at his house or in a music room somewhere? And to be honest I'm more worried about HER throwing herself at him THEN him taking advantage of her. I know she's a flirt. *sigh* and I'm not sure if she's told anyone. She keeps it to herself mostly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)