Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may never get divorced

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Got my counterclaim/answer from my husband 4 months ago. Nothing has happened. I want to marry my boyfriend hopefully before Xmas. I filed a year ago last Feb. I no longer have a lawyer, the husband does though. Why the hell can't he take action, it's been 3 months! I guess I better cancel the divorce and tell my boyfriend to take the engagement ring back to Kay's. Sucks to be me.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stickyfingers
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Call his attorney yourself and find out what the hold up is. That's what I did. Haha I filled out the papers myself and he went and paid big money for an atty and I still got what I wanted. That was so dumb of him. Lol but anyway yes I called his atty and told them to hurry it up nicely of course
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Sorry, why is he dragging it out? What caused the divorce?

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:22 AM

I know how you feel by the way, OP. My divorce drug out for over two years. I was with my now husband for the last year of it. Got married a few months after it was finally all over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM

It took 5 years to get a divorce from my ex. He was in the Navy and refused to appear. He used the Soldier Sailor Act in order not to appear. He filed twice against me and both times the court dismissed our case. The 3rd time I filed and he was ordered to appear and it was finally granted. He did the same thing to his second wife too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:44 AM
My husband's ex dragged their proceedings out for five years. Even though she initiated the divorce. 5 years later, and tens of thousands of dollars later, the judge gave her WAY less than DH had offered her. Greedy, spiteful bitch still got more than she deserved, but oh boy, did she screw herself!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Mine has taken almost 3 yrs. The hold up is usually money, the attorney won't even get a court date until paperwork is completed and fees are paid to file.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

He was beginning to mooch off me and was hardly home much. I became suspicious and finally caught him in the act in our bedroom. But my state is a no fault state and I know a fault divorce is more difficult and longer and high cost.

Quoting mmof2boy2girl:

Sorry, why is he dragging it out? What caused the divorce?

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You should scare the hell out of your ex and tell him nevermind. I don't want the divorce and I refuse to sign anymore. And make him sweat it out for  a few months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I asked in one of those free questions to the lawyers (lawqa) and they said I need a divorce mediator and that can cost me. Calling his attorney would not be a smart idea because the next move is supposed to be on me.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Call his attorney yourself and find out what the hold up is. That's what I did. Haha I filled out the papers myself and he went and paid big money for an atty and I still got what I wanted. That was so dumb of him. Lol but anyway yes I called his atty and told them to hurry it up nicely of course

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Still waiting for my ex to be served...so irritating..I want to be free of him. Want to be able to talk seriously about marriage with my bf. He's jokingly asked a few times...but I know I say the word he'd marry tomorrow...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)