Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do? Yes or No

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 23 Replies

My ds has been on me all week to let him have a new friend over to spend the night. Well there is nothing wrong with that for other people, but ds is VERY aggressive and the last time he had overnight company I end up in the middle (literally) of two 14 year old fighting and I end up having to call the police to come help me separate them. So do I say yes he can stay over or no better not chance it?

If I decide yes do I go ahead and tell him and his parents what the possibilities are? Or should I remain quiet and see what happens.

HELP... we are getting into major arguments and he is getting physical with me trying to force me to say yes.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Why in the world would you say yes when he is treating you like that?  Is he always this agressive with you?

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Um... Unless there was going to be a male adult present, definitely not. And I think maybe it is time to get your son help if he is starting to physically threaten you.

kzuehlk
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM
3 moms liked this
If he's getting physical and arguing with you, your answer should be a flat out no. Sounds like he needs a good lesson in respect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I would say no if he's trying to get physical with you. But if you do tell the parents about last time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
If he is physical with you about saying yes then the answer is NO.

If you don't have your own son under control don't put someone else's in the mix too...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Oh hell no. If he is getting physical with you just so you say yes....is a big indicator that you should not. Is there a father in the home? You need to call the cops on him the minute he tries to get physical with you. WTF put him in his place. 

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Yes and has been since he was about 9 months old. He has ODD.
Ricanme
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I would say no, call his parents and tell them what happened last time.  I would not take abuse from anyone. Your the adult there, put your foot down and let him know who is running the show at your house. What about his father what has he got to say?.    Good luck

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM
No I am kinda a single parent; my husband is in a nursing home, so it is my ds and me.
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I would NOT let him bully you. It will perpetuate the problem. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)