Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Ex Husband pays me to be a SAHM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies
2 moms liked this
On top of what he gives me for child support. He is well off and will always be as he has invested his money. When we first divorced our kids were 2 and 4 years old. They had never been to daycare but I enrolled them and got a low paying job. They hated it so he approached me with this deal. He would support myself, the two children I had from a previous marriage, and our two children. He pays his court ordered child support and he also pays me a weekly paycheck . We have a signed contract that he will continue to pay both until our youngest is 21 years old. At that point he will stop paying child support but will continue to pay my weekly paycheck for the rest of my life. He would rather have our kids have a SAHM than go to daycare. Our children are now 8 and 11 and in school fulltime. I have one year left to go on my degree. According to our aggreement I can go to school while they are in school but can not take an outside job untill the youngest is 21. He has been remarried for Two years and his new wife is aggreeable to our situation as he made it clear to her that if she was not okay with it then they would not get married. He also had a vasectemy so he will never have more children he still acts as Dad to my oldest two as well. I am glad we both agree on our kids and get along in general. How would you feel id your DH had an agreement like this with his ex?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this
If I went into it knowing, then I wouldn't have a problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't have married him. It's great for you guys, glad it works but I wouldn't be okay with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this
Like he is trying to control me. Just because the kids didn't like daycare the first time doesn't mean they wouldn't get used to it. Im not going to sit around and have him tell me what to do with my life especially if hes an ex.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't care honestly. He's trying to make sure 4 children are taken care of. The only thing I don't get is why would he continue paying you after the kids are grown and out of the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't date men with kids. Nothing against them, I just couldn't handle it.
I'm glad everything is working out for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I could see up to full time school age but 21? Wow Idk
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I could understand that agreement until both kids were in school or something but until they are 21???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
B
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
That is not something I would be comfortable with. As either his new wife or as you. Im not going to rely on a EX to take care of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cristalf060812
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I wouldn't be ok with it but guess it depends who you are and what you believe.. Glad it's working for you though..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)