Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen & Young Moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

How old were you when you had your child? Are you glad you had your child (ren) at a young age?  What would you say are the pros and cons? If your child decides they too want a to start their family at a young age, would you encourage or discourage them?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 19 when I had my first.
I'm very glad I had my kids young.

I guess I gave up my party years but I was never much of a partier to begin with.

If they want to get married at 18 like I did I won't stop them I just want to know that they've thought about it inside and out and are doing it for the right reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

any teen encouraged my teen to g3et knocked up Ill kick her in the tutu~!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I had my oldest son at 19. It was stupid, but I don't regret having him. Just having him so young.

I see way too many young teenagers popping out babies they aren't ready for. I work on the maternity unit of our hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I was 22. Prolly would've waited a little longer but I don't regret her at all!! Glad I have her. :)
KitKatLoL
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I was 16 when ds was born.

I'm happy about having him at a young age.

It's nice because I'll be able to (hopefully) enjoy some of the same things and not seem like such a creeper (lol).  It isn't so fun because I lost time to myself (I've gotten over that) and people thought he was my mom's at first.

If he wanted to start a family at 16, we'd discuss the things his dad and I went through and how tough having a baby is at that age.  I'd try to turn him from it, but I guess it would be his choice as to what he went with and I'd support him either way.

littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I was 17 when I had my first. Was it hard? Absolutely. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. I'm very proud of me and my husband. We moved out and did things on our own. We were 19 when our 2nd baby was born. I want both of my kids to know how hard it was to have them young but know that I don't regret either one of them. But both of my kids will have more opportunities then I had so I'm hoping that keeps them away from having a baby as teens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I was 18 a week from being 19.

I don't regret it...people say I gave up my party years but I was never a partier to begin with...and neither were my friends so I am fine with it.

I would be ok with her wanting to start a family and get married young as long as she had really thought about it and was positive it was what she wanted.
elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this except I was 19

Quoting KitKatLoL:

I was 16 when ds was born.

I'm happy about having him at a young age.

It's nice because I'll be able to (hopefully) enjoy some of the same things and not seem like such a creeper (lol).  It isn't so fun because I lost time to myself (I've gotten over that) and people thought he was my mom's at first.

If he wanted to start a family at 16, we'd discuss the things his dad and I went through and how tough having a baby is at that age.  I'd try to turn him from it, but I guess it would be his choice as to what he went with and I'd support him either way.

MJP76
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I was 17 when I had my first. Am I glad i was young,no. If I knew then what I knew now, I would have waited. I would not encourage my children to have babies at a young age. As a matter of fact we preach the opposite. Babies after school and after career. Late 20s to early 30s is a good time as long as you are stable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)