Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, is it wrong for a custodial parent to use Child Support payments for rent/mortgage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Of course not, isn't the child also living under that roof and thus the money is going towards the benefit of the child. 

mommy5912
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

nope not wrong at all...that money is for anything related to the care of the child and paying the rent/mortgage is making sure a roof is over the kids head

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

No, it is not wrong. You are putting the money toward putting a roof over your child's head. The money is for taking care of the child and providing shelter is part of it.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

No. If the parent were living by him or herself, he or she could live in a smaller place, but with children you need extra bedrooms.

Provided the children have their needs covered, child support can be used for pretty much whatever. However, if the child doesn't have appropriate clothing, shelter or other necessities, and child support is being used for other stuff, then we have a problem.

invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

As long as the CP is a in a relationship where someone else helps pay the bills or the bioparent has a job I really don't care what happens to child support.

OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Child support is not just for the child. It is for the good of the child AND family. Rent/mortgage is absolutely essential.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boldrumble
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Do you mean part of it, or to pay all of it. I definitely disagree with all of it. Part of it i can understand. But from my situation....i think i would have to pay rent/mortgage no.matyer what, so why would support need to go that. My mortgage disnt increase because i had a child, so there would be no need for support to go to that. Same for a vehicle and insurance for that vehicle. But from past debates about this....most people dont agree with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course not, isn't the child also living under that roof and thus the money is going towards the benefit of the child. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Nope. The custodial parent can use the cs money anyway they see fit.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM
5 moms liked this
Oh for fucks sake that is what it's intended for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)