• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those that have had a miscarriage and d&c

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
First let me say I do not want to hurt anyone i had a miscarriage my self and it is a pain i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. That being said did your d&c change your thoughts on abortion? I remember thinking to my self why would you do this to on purpose? I know that all situations are different I've never been in that position where i could choose to keep my baby but after being through this i could never get one. Unlless it was eptopic or something. So did it change your opinion if you were pro choice before? Again i don't want to hurt anyone Im just curious.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susieQ680
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I had an etopic pregnancy  and no it didn't change my thought on it at all . I think everyone has their own descisions to make about that it doesn't really matter to me what they do

Fairywings1223
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I had a miscarriage and had to have a d&c and it I have always not believed in an abortion. I have had an ectopic and it ended badly and I could of died if I wouldn't of had the surgery as quickly as possible. I don't think I could have an abortion for any reason but I would never come down on someone who has had one.

Kerannmer
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I don't equate a D&C with abortion. Yes, it's the same procedure with the same results, but the reasons for the two are usually worlds apart.

When I had a D&C, I had to sign the "abortion" okay. But my baby was already dead, the baby I wanted and had planned to carry until it was time to give birth, then love, and raise, and so on. I was not making a conscious decision to terminate a viable pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Just having children period changed my view but my last miscarriage occurred due to Trisomy 18 and everything I read about it before miscarrying lead me to believe that had I not miscarried, it would still be better than to give that child such a debilitated life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

ive had an abortion and a miscarriage and d and c with a different pregnancy that i planned to carry

mamaof2monsters
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Its so sad. I have been fortunate so far to never have a miscarriage but my best friend and my sister in law both had them and it was so sad. They both would not have abortions prior to it or after. I believe in the freedom to choose, but personally I would not have one unless medically necessary.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM
How can you even compare the two? They aren't even remotely the same
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I have always been Pro-Life & I had a d&c done and I always feel sick thinking about it b/c its like thats an abortion procedure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I was just curious because its pretty much the same procedure but i know that it ia two different circumstances. i was just wondering if it either made you more sure you wouldn't get one or if you would have gotten one before did it change your stance on it. It pretty much confirmed they way i felt that i wouldn't get one and after having that done unless it was eptopic or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting armywifey26:

How can you even compare the two? They aren't even remotely the same

The d&c is also an abortion procedure.  I had one in my obgyn's office after I miscarried at 8 wks (baby measured 5 1/2 weeks).  It was traumatic.  MD encouraged it because my body wasn't taking care of things naturally.  They have a small surgical room in the back and it was one of the most physically painful things I have ever experienced.  I felt scraping and it feels (and sounds) like a vacuum sucking out your insides.  Then I had intense cramping and spasming for several days after.  It's barbaric, horrible experience.  i'm still pro-choice but you think about these women who have had multiple abortions and wonder why after this experience would they take all steps to prevent pregnancy (talking about the women who see abortion as birth control--very small population I imagine but that's who I thought of!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)