Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cat nip tea?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
my son is 8 weeks old and when he sleeps he stops breathing and wont start again until he startles himself awake.people keep saying he has heevies(or however its spelled) i talked to his dr and he says its normal.im sorry but my sons lips turn colors that cant be freaking normal!anyway the ones who say heevies(or whatever)say to give him catnip tea.is it safe?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I don't know what heevies are, but if his lips are turning blue from lack of oxygen, I don't see how catnip tea could help.  Maybe you need a different doc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Wtf is heevies? And how would catnip yea make him breathe better?
tecsabates
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Sounds like apnea, and catnip tea won't help. I'd gind a better doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It's called sleep apnea.

I would really recommend finding a better doctor rather than trying to treat this issue yourself.

ETA: What's the sleeping arrangement? Babies who sleep close to their mothers show better breathing patterns than those who are kept in another room. I don't remember the exact explanation, but I believe it was something to do with babies regulating their own breathing based on the mother's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
he sleeps with me(i ebf so its easier) his doctor also bitches about that

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

It's called sleep apnea.

I would really recommend finding a better doctor rather than trying to treat this issue yourself.

ETA: What's the sleeping arrangement? Babies who sleep close to their mothers show better breathing patterns than those who are kept in another room. I don't remember the exact explanation, but I believe it was something to do with babies regulating their own breathing based on the mother's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)