Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sequestration

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

The effects of sequestration keep rolling in.  It is just crazy.  Civilian overtime and comp time has been suspended.  No big deal you might think.  Until you realize that some places almost run entirely on civilians.  If something breaks...can't call them in after hours. 

They are looking at cutting Tuition Assistance for military members...already have in some branches. 

Much needed safety gear is not being ordered.

Training classes needed aren't be attended.

It is insane.

Come on CONGRESS....get it together.

DOD civilians are losing up to $800 a month.  That is a lot of money. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

It depends on the agency.  While DH can lose up to 2 paid days a month in his agency, he is not losing any benefits.  Thank goodness because it would be an additional 10k a year to insure him and DS on my employers high deductible health plan

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

oh please.  drop the hysteria.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

The people I work with are losng 2 paid days a Pay period...which is about 4 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

It depends on the agency.  While DH can lose up to 2 paid days a month in his agency, he is not losing any benefits.  Thank goodness because it would be an additional 10k a year to insure him and DS on my employers high deductible health plan

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM

The public voted for this, so we other party voters have to accept the consequences. It's tough but it wasn't a secret before the election. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It's ridiculous that people who actually work for a living instead of sitting on their asses collecting welfare are going to be losing money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM

at some point as a country we have to figure out how to pay our bills.  this is a shitty situation but eventually it could get worse if we don't get our act together.  And by we I really do mean Congress LOL  We only have the power to choose who we elect. 

IUND
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

That is what I was saying..it depends on teh agency and how they decided to institute the cuts.  Am I happy?  No.  But DH was unemployed for over 11 months when his last employer shut its doors so we are ecstatic he has a job. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The people I work with are losng 2 paid days a Pay period...which is about 4 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)