• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, is this weird/creepy or am I being paranoid?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 18 Replies

Okay so a few weeks ago we got new neighbors. We have met the husband and oldest.daughter and they seem normal enough. Rednecks like my dh so he likes the guy well enough. Well today as I was taking the opportunity to nap while the little ones were asleep the guy comes knocking on my door. My mom answered it and he asked her if I was home. She said I was sleeping and who are you? He said he was the neighbor and needed a ride to the courthouse for a courtdate about his oldest son. She again repeats that I was not available and he says okay and leaves.

My problem with this is that he asked for me, not my husband. Also, if it was a court date wouldn't he know about it ahead of time and planned accordingly? Now I am a little.wary and don't know what I should do if he comes over again and I am home alone. Am.I.overthinking or should I be cautious??

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Drochmheas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Exercise due caution, like you would with any stranger.

And inform your husband of the incident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

i dunno...that would definitely weird me out too. if he comes over again, tell him you were just about to run out or busy or something and to come back later. or just hide and don't answer the door? lol

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Tell your husband, maybe have him go over there and let him know that if he isn't home, he'd prefer the guy not knock on the door asking for favors. And yes, he should have planned accordingly, or get a cab.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Maybe he assumed your dh was at work and that is why he asked for you. Maybe you are the only neighbor he feels like he knows well enough to get a ride.
pittiesmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting Drochmheas:

I did, he said he wouldn't go over and ask the neighbor's wife for a ride anywhere but maybe the guy doesn't think anything of it.

Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Perhaps he knows what vehicle your man drives, and saw it wasn't there?

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe he assumed your dh was at work and that is why he asked for you. Maybe you are the only neighbor he feels like he knows well enough to get a ride.

This is what I was thinking. Be cautious because you dont know him but it wouldnt really worry me.

Drochmheas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Quoting pittiesmom:

Quoting Drochmheas:

I did, he said he wouldn't go over and ask the neighbor's wife for a ride anywhere but maybe the guy doesn't think anything of it.

Who cares what the guy thinks?

Say "no", since you aren't comfortable with it.  You don't owe him anything.

AnnRmommaof3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I just wouldn't open the door. Pretend I was in the shower or not home. If he comes back that is.

pittiesmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what I'm kinda thinking too. Idk, all I really know about him is he works on hot rods and his first name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)