• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok embarassing problem, and sorry if TMI, but... hemmorhoids or polyps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I'm 36 yrs old, and I remember having a *teency* bit of trouble with poop pre-children... it wasn't a constant thing, but an occasional painful poop. My mom, (an excellent nurse) always told me to "be aggressive" when it came to using Preparation H or something like that. I never really used it on a regular basis. After having DD1 (almost 5 yrs ago!)  I had hemmorhoids pretty bad from pushing but they seemed to go away. (Does that happen? Do they just "unswell" on their own?) Well lately, definitely the last 2 weeks I would say, every single time I have to go to the bathroom, it's very painful and feels like I'm getting sliced open and there's a reasonable amount of bright red blood when I wipe, and sometimes even a few drips in the toilet. Something is wrong. 
My dad has been diagnosed with "multiple polyps" and he has to go have a colonoscopy every year as opposed to every 3 or 5 or whatever a man his age needs. He didn't go for 10 years and they found 40 polyps in his colon!! My grandmother had the same condition, I'm told. I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is polyps or a booger of a hemmorhoid? I know I should just go to the doctor already but I wondered if any of you ladies have experienced the same thing and what did you do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

why not just go to the dr? if i had bright red blood coming from my ass, the first thing i'd do is call the dr. 

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I had hemmoroids while pregnant, used tucks pads and was fine. In your case I'd make an appt...like yesterday. 

annasmom1234
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

You need to go see a gastroenterologist

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
They are called fissures. They are slices or cuts around the inside of your anus. Even a soft poop can slice them back open and cause the, to bleed. You could also have internal hemorrhoids. They bleed as well and are painful when popping. There is a procedure called IRC (infared coagulation) that may be able to help. A proctologist would be best.

I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks because of hemorrhoids, I know your pain.

Eta: bright red is a great sign. That means it superficial and not internal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)