Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disney trip.... Help *added*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I want to plan a trip to Disney this summer for dd first birthday. How do I go about planning it? Where can I find the best rates and packages. We are a family of 4 but dd doesn't count so we are bringing my 16 year old brother because he's never been.

Also is it really bad to board the dogs for the week? Or just one? He won't let anyone else in the house to feed him but the other dog would be find although she would be crated unless someone is here. Would it be better to just board them both for the week?

I know she won't remember it.... But she is also free so it's not like I'm wasting money on her going. It's mainly for DS and to also make it special for dd we can celebrate her birthday with Mickey Mouse.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Expedia has some package deals, some are inclusive. Depends on what you want and where you want to stay. It's not bad to board the dogs for a week together...they are dogs. 

Call the vet and get a price on how much it'll cost to board them both and go from there. Happy planning!

christina0607
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

If you want to stay in the park book right through disney. Disney put all their deals right on their website...there is no way to get it cheaper. I do use a travel agent though...the price is exactly the same whether you use one or not.

If you're staying outside the park look through sites like expedia or go to your local travel agent. 

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Do you live in Florida?  Going a long distance to Florida for a party she won't remember seems pricey.

Boarding dogs is fine.  Pick a place that walks them a couple of times a day and has a good yard for running around.  They'll be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
How old is your other kid? Honestly disney world with a 1 year old will be miserable, unless you stick her in the day care, which sucks because it is her bday.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't take a 1 year old to Disney

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Board both the dogs, I would be stressed thinking about the one I left at home.

As far as Disney, stay in a Disney hotel. That way, all the stuff you buy (and there WILL be STUFF!) gets delivered right to your hotel and you don't have to cart it around all day.

Oh, and get a Dole Whip Float. ;-) 

kthruz143
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

check out disboards.com you can find tons of info on that forum

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

BTW op, I have a 1 year old and we go to Disney all the time - it's a blast! :-) 

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I dont know anything about the dog issue.

If you go look on Disney's site they have vacation packages that include food, parks and hotels.

I know they have it but I never use it because I get in free and my family lives near there.

Only Disney advice I can give you is do not go when it is really hot. They have very little shade. Which I think is ridiculous. The concrete doesn't make you feel any better either

thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

at the age of one, they wont remember their trip to disney. I dunno my daughter is seven and because she is older and able to remember the trip and knows the characters it was magical for her. I wouldnt take a baby or toddler myself the park is very hot, huge, busy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)