Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Was Bit By A Rabid Fox.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
When I was tweleve I was bit by a rabid fox. I was at my grandma's house getting ready to go jump on the trampoline with my friend. My mom was talking to my friends mom from her jeep. We were babysitting my grandma's dog for her. He was outside with us, I saw a cat from the bushes a ways from us but didn't think much of it until it came closer. Lighting(the dog) went after it and they started fighting. I didn't think twice, I immediatley went to get Lighting away. I tried to pull them apart and I did. I was carrying him back to the house and my mom starts screaming, I had been bit in the back of my right leg. After the fox bit me and I managed to get back inside it tried jumping onto the jeep after my friend and her mother. She kicked him out and her mom ran him over with her vehicle. We were all okay. We had to have vaccinations for the rabies and the dog had to be in quarentine for six months. He lived and is still around today. I don't regret saving Lighting. Though I don't like foxes anymore!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Bump
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

ouch! i heard the rabies shots is a round of 9 huge needles straight to the abdomin.. is that true? And i probably would have done the same thing for my dog. Pets are like family - my maternial instinct would be to save the dog. Glad you are both ok though.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Are the shots as painful as everyone says they are?
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Quoting gabeybaby07:

ouch! i heard the rabies shots is a round of 9 huge needles straight to the abdomin.. is that true? And i probably would have done the same thing for my dog. Pets are like family - my maternial instinct would be to save the dog. Glad you are both ok though.

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Ouch =(

I had rabie shots when I was like 5. They hurt so bad

MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
We didn't receive them that way, we had to go to five different appointments and they would give us a shot in each arm and leg. It hurt worse than any other shot I have had.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Yes. They were very painful.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Are the shots as painful as everyone says they are?
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

ouch! im sorry. I have only been bit by one animal .. and it was my own dog. Complete accident.. he was protecting my dh.. and i was getting ready to hit him cuz he was being an asshole.. and my dog was coming up as my arm was coming down and he got me good. Right down to the muscle in my arm... as soon as he bit he knew he did wrong and ran with his tail between his legs into the bathroom. Up until the day he died.. all i would have to do was show him the scar and he would bolt into the bathroom like "oh shit i bit mommy" The hospital gave me 3 stitches cuz they said animal bites had to remain open to prevent infection.. and tried to give me rabies shots.. but i refused. I mean it was my dog.. i knew he wasnt rabbid.

Quoting MisterandMe:

We didn't receive them that way, we had to go to five different appointments and they would give us a shot in each arm and leg. It hurt worse than any other shot I have had.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

MisterandMe
by Alyssa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Awww. Sounds painful! If someone tries to touch my dog tries to bite, she is an old chihuahua though so she isn't too intimidating. Haha. I wouldn't get the shots if it were my dog either.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

ouch! im sorry. I have only been bit by one animal .. and it was my own dog. Complete accident.. he was protecting my dh.. and i was getting ready to hit him cuz he was being an asshole.. and my dog was coming up as my arm was coming down and he got me good. Right down to the muscle in my arm... as soon as he bit he knew he did wrong and ran with his tail between his legs into the bathroom. Up until the day he died.. all i would have to do was show him the scar and he would bolt into the bathroom like "oh shit i bit mommy" The hospital gave me 3 stitches cuz they said animal bites had to remain open to prevent infection.. and tried to give me rabies shots.. but i refused. I mean it was my dog.. i knew he wasnt rabbid.

Quoting MisterandMe:

Quoting gabeybaby07:

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yeah, my sister has a yorkie like that - evil little fucker. But he so little he doesnt do much damage. My boomer was a red nose pitty - the most gentle thing on the planet. So gentle and good with kids i would leave him in the park untied - all the kids would love to come up and pet him and feed him treats. He just didnt like when mommy and daddy fought. He would protect both of us against strangers with his life.. but when it came to us 2 fighting, he would protect daddy. It was just worng place wrong time - the force he was coming up mixed with the force my arm was comming down (i was fucking pissed - dh knows how to really push buttons).. and the minute he bit me, he knew he did wrong. He even said sorry. After i got home from the hospital, he went straight to the bathroom and stood in there for a while.. then came creeping out with his head down and finally worked up to putting his head on my lap so i could pet him. I forgave him.. shit happens. He was only doing what he thought was right. He even sniffed the stiches and licked them. He was such a good boy. RIP boom boom 6/14/10.

Quoting MisterandMe:

Awww. Sounds painful! If someone tries to touch my dog tries to bite, she is an old chihuahua though so she isn't too intimidating. Haha. I wouldn't get the shots if it were my dog either.

Quoting gabeybaby07:

Quoting MisterandMe:

Quoting gabeybaby07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)