Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can I lose weight while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I just went to the doctor and I put on 10 lbs in a month,she said I need to start tracking my calories and exercising .. In my Opinion that's not too bad.im 6 months and barley have a belly but my legs are getting chunky. I just need to find a way to lose 5 lbs ,I've started riding bikes w my so but I think that will just keep the weight off.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Bump
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Do what she said. Track your calories and exercise. Not much else you can do.

Try using MyFitnessPal.com, it is great for calorie tracking.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
You need to eat healthy. Go for walks too. If the doctor didn't say to lose weight then don't. Just go for walks and stuff to keep from gaining a whole lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Do what your doc said. Make sure you're not eating too many calories and get some exercise. I wouldn't try to lose 5 lbs, necessarily, just try not to gain more than you should from now on.
Charliesmommy11
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Swimming is great for pregnant women , it's easy on your body and joints and relaxing if you find a heated pool. Do 5 small meals instead of 3 big ones , remember moderation and portion size.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I would just be certain that you are eating well and getting enough exercise so that you don't gain more than you need to in the coming months.  I would NOT actually try to LOSE weight while pregnant.  Of course it's been about 35 years since I was pregnant so maybe they do things differently now - but I wouldn't worry about losing weight till after the baby is born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)