Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT ... Anyone had a Uterine Biopsy??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, I know that you ladies are straight forward and truthful, sometimes to a fault.

So PLEASE give it to me straight.  I can handle the truth.  Have you had one?  What kind of pain are we talking about?  The thought of the doctor going through the cervix to get to the uterus has me queasy. 

Doc said it will be painful, but only for a few seconds.  And cramping and light bleeding after.  But my old OBGYN also told me when I was pregnant that labor would be 'uncomfortable' so I'd rather get it straight and get the truth from anyone whose had one..

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.betty.white.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Intense cramping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Almost like a flash back of labor pains
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
This but it doesn't last as long. Just plan to take it easy the rest of the day.

Quoting .betty.white.:

.betty.white.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Ya its crazy intense for a few minutes then it just gets better.

On a side note the body has an amazing way of healing itself. I had precancerous cells for 7 years now I'm going on 4 years of none! Doc said it just happens. I've had many biopsys.

Quoting Nee86:

This but it doesn't last as long. Just plan to take it easy the rest of the day.

Quoting .betty.white.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seegrace
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

*sigh* Tanks ladies. I figured as much.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance, except for my internal cervical/uterus area.  I had a cervical biopsy years ago and that sucked.  That was before I starting having any issues with pelvis pain etc so I know that this is going to be way worse. Hate it!

Taking 3 advil and 1 valuim right before I go in. 

do11face
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I had one.
I was so scared but it wasn't that bad.
It was over quickly and I had some mild cramping afterwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
It's not that bad. If they are doing a swipe its just a long q- tip swiped across the wall. You'll barely feel it. If they do a cytology it's like a pap but you won't feel as much if a pinch the most uncomfortable part is when they go through your cervix. It doesn't hurt. It just tickles in a spot you aren't used to feeling tickled.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)