Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naming early miscarriage babies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 418 Replies

No judgement here. I was just wondering about this.

Why do people name really early miscarried pregnancies?

I see the point if the gender is already known. I have seen alot of people in pregnancy loss boards who have names their babies as early as a few wks pregnant.

I miscarried at 10 wks. I did not name mine. Please do not get me wrong. I feel horrible about the loss and I constantly think about what might have been. I was hurt and I am still hurting.

Does it make it easier to name the baby?

I would think it would be harder

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

It's really none of my business. I did not name my first three early losses, but I did name my 13 weeker because we did know the gender and she most certainly was a fully formed baby. It was devastating.

MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I would think it'd make it harder. I miscarried in 2011 at 8w6d and didn't name the baby. It hurt enough miscarry ingredients alone at home, I didn't want to add more pain by naming the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
5 moms liked this

i think you should do whichever works for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Everyone is different.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM
12 moms liked this

miscarriage is just a nature's event its not a tragedy like losing a child during a horrible birth or so. I agree with you, I think some people over exaggerate with their miscarriages treating them like real child loss. If miscarriages were rare then ya I would get it, but most people have at least one. They are actually common.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

for some people. every one handles situations differently and while i didn't feel the need to name my lost baby, that doesn't mean others don't. no one can tell you why they do but the people who have done it. I will be making a memorial area in my garden for the baby i lost at 6 weeks, does every one do that no. it will help me for my own reasons, just as some mothers naming their lost babies have a personal reason for doing so.

blackcat1515
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I think it helps to name the baby. really depends on the person though because some people dont really think of them as babies yet but to me they are babies the moment they are concieved....I lost mine when I was about 7-8 weeks.....it took me along time to come to terms with what happend because he would be here now. but I know he is looking over the baby I am carrying now and she will be here next month.

delilahsmom1177
5 moms liked this

First where are you getting your info? Most women have at least one misscarrage? REally I know a lot of women most my age or older. NONE have had a misscarrage. One lost had a still born but that is different. There was a funeral he is buried.

Quoting thetrollcat:

miscarriage is just a nature's event its not a tragedy like losing a child during a horrible birth or so. I agree with you, I think some people over exaggerate with their miscarriages treating them like real child loss. If miscarriages were rare then ya I would get it, but most people have at least one. They are actually common.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

emsmom627
33 moms liked this

wow really.  you think people over exaggerate a miscarriages.  that is a really cruel thing to say.  you don't think of it as a real child.  my goodness i think that is one of the harshest things I have heard on this site.

Quoting thetrollcat:

ssassys
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think for some it helps with closure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN