Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tv dinners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I am a sahm so i am able to cook dinner every night. My kids have friends that have 2 working parents. They keep telling me how lucky their friends are to get these fun tv dinners every night. I told them that they are lucky to have a mom who is able to stay home and cook every day. They decided that its just not fair and im being mean. I took them to the store and let them each pick the dinner they thought would be most fun to eat. I heated them in the microwave and gave it to them. The look on their faces with the first few bites were priceless lol. I dont think they will be asking for mushy tv dinners ever again.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

LOL, sometimes you just have to prove it to them

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I work full time and would never feed my child that crap.

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I used to live on tv dinners, and looking back...I don't know how I could choke it down. I'm not the best cook in the world but some of that slop is just vile.

I guess your kids may realize how lucky they are now ;)

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM

lol! We rarely eat them, but my 8 year old son absolutely LOVES the stouffers fish and macaroni and cheese. I like it too. But I'm not much of a tv dinner person.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Lol. That's freaking awesome!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Ds went through that. He wanted those awful Kid's Cuisine things. His reaction was much the same!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

When I worked full time I never made my family eat those things,  they are nasty!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

When my daughter was around 5 I guess, she would ask for those kids cuisine tv dinner things.  I bought a couple of them, cooked them, and she did not eat them.  I don't blame her.  YUCK

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Quoting dixiegurl223626:

lol! We rarely eat them, but my 8 year old son absolutely LOVES the stouffers fish and macaroni and cheese. I like it too. But I'm not much of a tv dinner person.

Oh they didnt pick the good ones lol they wanted the kid cuisine with the fun blue box and gross brownies and mac and cheese with slimy chicken tenders.
redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I prefer to cook a homemade meal than a tv dinner,  but there are times where I am so pooped, I have the kids pick out a tv dinner at the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)