• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this cps worthy? *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Dh told me last night that his boss told him that he doesn't put his 5 y/o in any kind of carseat, no booster seat, nothing. This really bothered me. Dh and his boss both say that it's okay because she is big enough for the seat belt and that it fits her correctly. I know for a fact this is not true. We also have a 5 y/o, he is taller than the bosses daughter and he is no where near tall enough for the seat belt to sit correctly. 

I don't want to get his boss in trouble but it really bothers me that he and his wife are willing to put their daughter in danger. Nevermind the fact that the mother is a HORRIBLE driver and the car has been in the shop 4 times in the last month and a half for repairs over small fender benders and running in to curbs. I don't understand why people are willing to put their childs safety at risk over something that is so simple.

I don't know what to do, it just really, really upsets me. Don't they realize that if God forbid, they were ever to get in an accident that they could lose their dd? And that something as simple as a carseat could save her life? I am so bothered by this.

*ETA*

I know it is not my business but I can't help but feel protective over all children.

I am not actually going to call cps on dh's boss, i was just wondering if this is something they COULD be called for. I am not going to risk my husbands job. I was just really upset at hearing that information.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

You could try to educate them on the benefits of a car seat, maybe print something out and have your dh pass it on. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do, unfortunately.

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Do you live in a state with at will employment? Your DH could be the best worker in the world but his boss will fire him for some nit picky reason if need be if you send CPS into his life.

I can assure you most bosses will fire you for taking "too long of a break [by 1 second]" and "not looking presentable at work [when sick that one time]" if you unleashed CPS on their life - deserved or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
5 moms liked this

As nasty as this sounds, I stopped giving a shit about other people's kids a long time ago. If the dad says shes fine, then she's fine. Leave it alone. Not your problem anymore. You can't fix the world, and talking to the brick wall of another parent's opinion isn't worth it.

amberandmonker
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I don't think it's CPS worthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
CPS wont do anything about it
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not.  And you need to MYOB if you want your husband to keep his job.  There are some things you just don't fuck with.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

countrymum0710
No I would try to educate them. With height and weight restrictions. And what ever else needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I wish people minded their own business.

My 5,6, and 7 year old children all ride in a booster and I wouldn't let them ride without one. But I wouldn't say not putting a child in a booster at that age to be abuse or neglect.

EvaTheDiva29

cps isn't going to do anything unless you can prove it with [pics, or a text from boss saying this. so no, i wouldn't waste their time.

elliem87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
CPS won't care. The girl isn't being abused. No drugs or beatings here, move on to a child who might be exposed to these things
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)