Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We are having kittens... not happy

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 0 Replies

Before anyone goes off about spaying our cat... this cat is not our cat, she is a stray.  She is the sweetest thing in the world, and I wish we could take her in, but we have two cats and I don't think we can handle a third right now.  Its near impossible to find strays homes, even though this one is just about the sweetest cat in the world.  She was very thin when she wandered into the yard and MIL and FIL keep food out for the strays during the winter.... well, to be honest almost everyone in town does this as well.. (which is not really that great, because it makes the stray problem worse)... well she went into heat a week or so ago, and we tried to catch her.. plan was we would keep her in a cage till she was out of heat then we would use a humane society voucher, and both me and mil would pitch in to get her fixed.. but when we went to catch her.. there were 4 other male cats out there attempting to do the same.. she ran off into the tall bushes and they followed... well, she came back.. and she is no longer in heat.. so I guess 5-6 weeks from now MIL will have to decide what to do... leave her out side to have the kittens in the snow, set up a place in the garage (which has a cat door on it, but that means skunks, and other cats could get to the babies), or bring her inside and take them all on and find them all homes....

I hate how bad the stray cat problem is in this town.. I wish there was a solution.. that didn't invovle killing them all.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN