Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am tired of my son living with me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is probably the billionth time I've posted about this but I don't care. My son, his gf, and grand daughter were staying with me. They told me they were just going to visit but surprise surpise they moved out of the gf's parents house and wanted to move in with me. Having no where to go, I let them. 

It's been a huge mistake. My son does nothing but sit around on the computer all day and then blows up on me when I tell him to do something or I don't let him use something of mine(i.e my car!) 

The only reason I've been letting it go this far is because of my grand daughter. Well ya know what they did with her yesterday? Sent her back to the gf's parents house! Something like 8 hours away. Her parents came, picked her up then took her back to stay with them for the week.

So they finally found an apartment and they are selling his car to pay for it. I told them that tomorrow is the day. They are getting out. I'm tired of having them around. This is my house and we don't pay bills to have other adults laying on my couch, eating my food, and using my stuff. I work hard for what we have and it's not fair that I have to come home and argue with my adult son.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Sounds like what my cousin put my aunt through last year. What a mess that was!

I bet you are so ready to reclaim your house!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

i don't blame you. theres no reason for an adult child to live with parents unless theyre disabled, or just on hard times, BUT WORKING and paying something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Sounds like what my cousin put my aunt through last year. What a mess that was!

I bet you are so ready to reclaim your house!

Yes!! It's like a mad house around here. I can't go anywhere in my own house without someone being there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

bump

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Go you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

No offense, but you shouldnt be telling your Adult son what to do so he has a right to argue back with you.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok...obvious parent mooching loser?

It is her house. He needs to respect her, his mother, not just period..but in her house.

Quoting Anonymous:

No offense, but you shouldnt be telling your Adult son what to do so he has a right to argue back with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No, no he does not have a right to argue back with me in my house. I told him he needed to clean up while I was at work, I told him he needed to stop playing games on my computer and I told him he needs to stop being so damn loud. I don't care how exciting this tv show is, my other kids are doing homework. If he doesn't like that then he needs to get out. Plain and simple. If you are living in someone's home rent free then you don't need to act like an ass towards the,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I disagree, if he is living in her house she has every right to make rules and have him do things around there.  Obviously he is not very responsible and needs to be told what to do, he hasn't shown her at this point he's mature enough to make the right decisions so as his Mother even though he's an adult he needs someone to tell him what to do! 

Quoting Anonymous:

sthflachk
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Bwahahaa...right?! If I ever had to move in with my parents I'd be kissing their ass and keeping my mouth SHUT!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Ok...obvious parent mooching loser?

It is her house. He needs to respect her, his mother, not just period..but in her house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)