Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI/SSDI Income limits question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I am getting married this summer and my fiance is on disability to a TRUE disability, not because he just wants a check. Anyhow, currently, he lives with his brother and receives $388/month on SSDI *the kind he paid in on* and $183 on SSI as he doesn't pay bills there, so they knock off a certain percentage. Being that I am new to all of this, SS has told me when he moves in, I will need to give them my income information. I work in child care and only make $1300/month but I'm wondering if anyone has similar income limits with someone in the house on SS. If so, will his payments increase or decrease? She said depending on my income, the SSI part could be wiped completely off or he could be eligible for the full amount, she said we have to wait and see once he moves in.

Any info could be appreciated as I need to know how to work our budget and I'm really nervous in some ways but others, I'm okay as God brought us together a few years ago for a reason and HE will take care of us!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

bri2011
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I am legally deaf and legally qualify for SSi however, my hubby makes to much so I would be declined if I applied.

Fact is, collecting disability is based on the household income.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I know that SSI is income based, but the SSD is there for disabled workers and he does draw that as well. I know that part won't be touched, his worker told me that. But when you say your husband makes too much, does he make $1300/month? I saw income limits up to $3000 or something like to remain eligible but I also know the SSI part would be drastically reduced. I'm just curious. It's not important, but he's concerned he won't be able to help out like he wants to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)