Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else have a very tiny toddler?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My DD will be two years old next month and she is super tiny. She is maybe 21 lbs. Everywhere I go everyone comments on how she is so small and how she shouldn't be talking like she is because she doesn't look like she should be. 

The doctors aren't concerned. She has always been petite, that's what they call her at the office. 

She doesn't eat that much food and sometimes it worries me.. I'm going to bring it up at her next appointment and still see if they don't have any concern with her weight. 

Anyone else ever have an almost 2 year old be this small and everything be okay and nothing wrong with the kiddo?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

bump

kidlover2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My middle dd was 18lbs and in 18 month clothing at 2 years old. She's just fine. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crochetmom07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
My 2 year old is only 23 pounds. He's always been tiny. He is constantly eating and constantly on the go so I'm guessing he just has a fast metabolism that keeps him that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM
No, but I was a very tiny child growing up. People always had to comment on my size.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM
My daughter was a 9.7 pound baby and only 20 pounds when she was 2. She was tall tho just really skinny.
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My dd is 20 months and 20lbs

She's always been tiny
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

My daughter who is now 11 was the same way. She is still that way now. She is the same height as my 6 year old neice and wears a size 7/8 in girls clothes. She has an atrial septal defect that they assume has kept her small.

morisa32
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

my 3yr old ( will be 4 in august) is 24 lbs 2oz.  but then again she was  9 weeks early and 3lbs 10 oz when she was born.

sarasue719
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yes, my daughter was the same way. 6 lbs when born, and tiny growing up. She is now 7 and still super skinny, but tall.

My son is the same way. 6 lbs 11oz when born, he is almost 2 and is 20 lbs. I even bought him pediasure (guaranteed to put on weight) and he has been at 20 lbs for quite some time now. He is getting taller though, his pants are getting short. But I can still put him in some of the 12 month onsies! 

My doctor has never been worried b/c they are constantly growing, even though its the small end, as long as its constant, nothing to worry about! =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN