• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*stomps foot* Why do I have to be a responsible adult!?!?!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
My fiancé had to go to Europe for work for the next 2 weeks and since I have the next week off I can go. The problem is plane tickets are 2000 bucks.

I got paid today for this week and next, so now I have more than enough to pay for the ticket there but then that means the light bill and the car note and the cell bill and my health insurance doesn't get paid.

Why oh why do I have to be responsible!?!?! Why can't I just blow the money on a ticket to Sweden!?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
7 moms liked this

We spend the first 18 years wishing we were grown up and the rest of the years regretting it.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Yup

Quoting kryptomom:

We spend the first 18 years wishing we were grown up and the rest of the years regretting it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Truest words ever spoken. I wish I wasn't a grown up every single day!

Quoting kryptomom:

invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I tell my oldest DS I'll trade places with him and go back to high school anyday!!

Quoting dbrown1989:

Truest words ever spoken. I wish I wasn't a grown up every single day!

Quoting kryptomom:

edelweiss23
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Ooooooo. What a trip!!!

Can I throw a fit with you too????

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Yes come throw a fit with me

Quoting edelweiss23:

Ooooooo. What a trip!!!

Can I throw a fit with you too????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I'm going to just throw this out there- a lot of moms are going to say "Bills be damned-I'm taking a vacation"!!

But I'm like you-the responsible one.... I could not leave knowing things were not being taken care of at home first! :(

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I do blow money, but I have to pay bills first. Bills always always always come before play. I NEED my car and the lights and my health insurance so those have to be paid before anything else.

Quoting happinessforyou:

I'm going to just throw this out there- a lot of moms are going to say "Bills be damned-I'm taking a vacation"!!

But I'm like you-the responsible one.... I could not leave knowing things were not being taken care of at home first! :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Yeah- I'm sure we are very boring to a lot of people..... but I've never had my utilities shut off, or ran out of food for my kids, and never late on a single bill - ever.  Boring, yet I can sleep at night! lol

Quoting Roxygurl:

I do blow money, but I have to pay bills first. Bills always always always come before play. I NEED my car and the lights and my health insurance so those have to be paid before anything else.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)