Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who hate pit bulls and want them eradicated

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 112 Replies
13 moms liked this

If you are going to destroy all the pitties because of a "possibility" of them attacking your child, you might as well give up your car, don't bath your kid or allow them to swim, feed your child nothing but broth, empty your house of all matches, lights and other fire creating devices, make sure to always have them walk on flat surfaces, get rid of all cleaners and medications too while your at it and finally, walk around naked and never, ever use a pillow or blanket. Becuase they kill FAR MORE children than pit bulls or dogs in general do.

1. Car Accidents: Kill 260,000 children a year and injure about 10 million children. They are the leading cause of death among children and a leading cause of child disability.

2. Drowning: Kills more than 175,000 children annually. Up to 3 million children each year survive a drowning incident. Due to brain damage in some survivors, nonfatal drowning has the highest average lifetime health and economic impact of any type of child injury. 

3. Burns: Fire-related burns kill nearly 96,000 children a year. 

4. Falls: Nearly 47,000 children fall to their deaths every year, but hundreds of thousands more children sustain serious injuries from a fall. 

5. Poisoning: More than 45,000 children die each year from unintended poisoning.

Number of children killed by pit bulls last year? 8. Just 8.

***Edit- I am not telling people to go out and get a pit bull. I just want you to stop and think for a minute. The odds of a pit bull killing your child are minute compared to the other risks you take every day with them. Yes, pit bulls are animals so there is some degree of uncertainty with temperment. But do you know every driver behind the wheel? are they drunk, high or aggrssive? Did you blow out that candle tonight, or is it still flickering? Are you smoking in bed while you are getting sleepy? Did you think your child would be fine at the beach because they have been swimming for years now? Risk, after risk, after risk that kill thousands more children than a dog atttack does. If you think pit bulls are ugly, or don't like dogs, then don't get one. But don't villianize the entire breed and put down our choices to own one by saying we are putting our child in danger. Because YOU DO IT TOO. Think of that next time you let your child play on a jungle gym.

Okay, lunch break is over. I'll come back later.

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't want them eradicated. I just don't think they are proper house pets for people with children in the home. Cougars don't kill many people per year either, but that doesn't mean you should keep them in your house with your kids...

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You are comparing an animal which is not necessary for the family to function...with objects like a car which are needed to scoot your family around? Seriously??

two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Statistically how often do you come across a cougar? I never have? Yet I have met hundreds of pitbulls over my life that have never hurt a single person.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want them eradicated. I just don't think they are proper house pets for people with children in the home. Cougars don't kill many people per year either, but that doesn't mean you should keep them in your house with your kids...

gabeybaby07
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM
5 moms liked this

as a pitty owner and lover.. i have learned - no matter how solid or how many statistics you have, its very hard to change people ideas over them. The most successfull method i have come across.. having people be around them in person. To see how gentle they really are. Its not the dog its how you raise them. My sil hated pit bulls.. and wanted me to get rid of my dog when we had our son. After a few years she finally realized that its not the breed. Once people get an idea in their heads its hard to change thier thinking.

do11face
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want to own a pit bull but I don't hate them or want them eradicated. However, your comparisons are kind of ludicrous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Sadly more parents have killed their own children!

Quoting Anonymous:

two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes seriously, it is there in black and white isn't it? If you are so terrified of your child dying, well you better not drive them anyehere because the odds of probability dictate your child is more likely to die in a car accident than to be mauled by a pitbull.

Quoting Derari:

You are comparing an animal which is not necessary for the family to function...with objects like a car which are needed to scoot your family around? Seriously??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Oops that was ment to be a regular reply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly more parents have killed their own children!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I don't like pit bulls, not because they are evil dogs, but because they are fucking ugly.

Aprilbabymommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I have a lab pit mix I love him but you can bet your ass if he hurt anyone hed be gone in a heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)