Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who didn't finish high school......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

First. I want to say to the moms who come in here on their high and might pedestals.....Move on, I'm not interested in your "there should be no reason why you didn't finish high school" or whatever other crap you have to say, so if that's all you've got...move on...

Anyway, What was the reason? Did you get your GED? Go to college? How old were you? How old are you now?

I don't have either. I left high school to help my mom who was VERY ill at the time and my step father was a usless alcoholic and then got married, had kids.....life happened. I am about to start my GED classes then go to college in the fall. Whats your story?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My parents moved and wouldn't let me attend the local high school. I fell too far behind. I got my GED the summer I should have graduated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I have my diplomer but here's a bump for ya :)
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

A lot was going on in my life.. I don't really feel like explaining it all. I dropped out of HS at 16 and started the adult education classes at the community college right away. I was kicked out of those and then enrolled into the night GED classes. I received my GED at 17. I wasn't a teen mom. I had my daughter at 25 and started college classes 2 weeks before she was born. I am less than a semester away from my BA but am not currently in school. I do wish to finish eventually. Life happens. Intelligence is not based on education level.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I drop out of school when I had my first son at 15 because I didn't want to put him in daycare, but when I turned 16, my mom said she will watch him, so  i went and got my High school diploma from a "home school" program. I am in college now .  I think it good you going for you GED and than to college. 

we rocknerdy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I totally agree with you. I read a lot. I have mostly non fiction books on science and meteorology and a few other things, so just because I dont' have paper to show for it, I feel like I'm an intelligent person lol

Quoting babybelly25:

A lot was going on in my life.. I don't really feel like explaining it all. I dropped out of HS at 16 and started the adult education classes at the community college right away. I was kicked out of those and then enrolled into the night GED classes. I received my GED at 17. I wasn't a teen mom. I had my daughter at 25 and started college classes 2 weeks before she was born. I am less than a semester away from my BA but am not currently in school. I do wish to finish eventually. Life happens. Intelligence is not based on education level.

true-love-21
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I got my diploma a couple months ago. It took so long bc I was a dumb teen and decided to drop out and run away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Good luck, mama👍

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM
School just wasn't a priority, I dropped out at 17 and got my GED when I was 21. I am 37 now and into my second year for an associates.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I almost didn't graduate because I too was at home taking care of my mother who was ill.

Glad you are getting it taken care of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

What was the reason?They refused to count credits i earned from another state and told me i was a full year behind my senior year. Had i staying in nebraska i would have been short one class i could make up in sumer school

Did you get your GED?no

Go to college? I went to trade school to be a medical assistant but couldnt get a job in that field

How old were you? 4 months shy of turning 19

How old are you now? 31

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)