Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really aggrivated about people bashing adoption over abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
3 moms liked this
Speaking as an adoptive parent, I am so grateful to our birthmom. She brought us more joy than we could ever expect. He is our angel. We is a little older and we adopted through the state. He had some delays and now is completely caught up. There are so many people that want to adopt and are on waiting lists, just yearning for that child. We ttc for 4 yrs. Our son is amazing and everyday I thank God. State adoptions are free, they get Medicaid, and their college paid for. I'm so tired of reading people bashing how adoption is a waste of time. That no one adopts here in the US, or that there are too many kids that no one wants, or that it takes too long. If you have never adopted don't open your mouth and judge someone. You don't know their hearts, or how it really works. Just because a child has a disability doesn't mean no one will want that child or that the child will have a bad life. Sorry just had to vent. Adoption is wonderful.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

If they can't have them, no one can. It's pure selfishness. 

God bless you for adopting. I hope to someday as well.

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I gave a child up for adoption.  Went through all the proper channels and picked what I thought was a great home for my baby.  Turns out, they lied about quite a few things that, had I known, would've caused me to pick a different family.  Adoption was a nightmare for me, and while I understand it can work out very well, I wouldn't recommend it unless there is no other option.  Sorry....I realized I'm probably jaded from my experiences but that's how I feel and its not going to change.

Also, what really aggravates me is that many pro-adoption women on here dont seem to realize it takes the consent of BOTH parents to give a child up for adoption.  Since we are on the subject of aggravating things.....

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM

i dont get it either.

you're damned if you do and damned if you dont

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Most people that want to adopt do NOT want older children in foster care. They dont want to run the risk of the problems they may have or RAD. They do not want special needs children. The fact is very few people want the kids that are adoptable atm. It is what it is. The fact is it is hard to find a white infant which is what most want. It does take forever to get one. The facts are there like it or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Hmm, if there's so many people wanting to adopt, why are there so many kids in foster care?

BC they want that new baby smell so abort away!
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I don't bash adoption, abortion, or parenting. I believe in the choice.

However, I'm not really for "state" adoptions. They encourage CPS to rip kids from homes. They encourage corruption. I wish it didn't, because ideally it's a wonderful idea. Unfortunately..it has been corrupted.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
4 moms liked this
It is not the obligation or responsibility of the fertile to provide healthy white newborns to the infertile.

The truth is, that's what most adoptive couples are after. They want healthy white newborns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your experience. That couple obviously didn't deserve that sweet baby. I hope you eventually found the right family. We didn't use an agency, we went they the state so I cannot comment on that. I just know it was a blessing for us. You have a good right to say what you say. You actually have an experience. I'm talking about people who seriously have no clue.
April620
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

If they can't have them, no one can. It's pure selfishness. 

God bless you for adopting. I hope to someday as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Adoption over abortion any day.. I am pro-life, I would rather(if it really come down to this), give my baby up for an adoption than to have an abortion. But it would be really hard to give my baby up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)