Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 weeks pregnant and I've lost all motivation to clean.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

We have two kids under the age of 4, and I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  I'm constantly tired.  Morning sickness lasts until I'm asleep, not to mention I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and this winter has been worse than it has in years.  It's all I can do to take care of everyone's basic needs, much less deep clean my house and do laundry.

DH is gone Mon-Fri from 7am to 6pm, then he has homework that keeps him busy until the kids go to bed.  

My dishes and laundry are piled up more often than not.  I feel like if I could get caught up and have both stories clean at the same time, it would be much easier to maintain, but by the time I finish cleaning one floor I'm ridiculously tired!

I'm so used to having my shit together and being on top of things, but I've just hit this slump and the messy house is making my depression worse.

Before anyone mentions it, we can't afford outside help.  DH works for his college and gets enough to pay bills and buy food with very little left over.   

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
surromama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Sorry your feeling this way, but its perfectly normal. It may be another month or so before you can snap out of it, or perhaps longer. Don't beat yourself up, pregnancy can flip your life upside down. Every pregnancy is different so don't listen to "super mom's" who could manage everything perfectly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)