Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An adoption story

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

My cousin was unable to have a baby, they ttc but it didn't work.  They adopted a 7month old and her 14 year old sister so they would not be separated.  (foster children for a couple of years)  The 14 year old slowly allowed my cousin to care for the baby in the middle of the night  as she was used to taking care of the baby, they were removed from her mother's home after she punched the 14 year old in the face.  Finally the adoption came through and when the baby was 4 and the older girl was 18 my cousin got pregnant.  

They had a huge blow out for the ODD's 18th bday.  After the party my cousin went upstairs to say good night only to find her ODD packing her things.  When she asked her what was wrong her ODD said that she knew she had to go, she was 18 and she was told by other kids that when you are 18 you leave no matter how long you were in the home you lived in.  My cousin took hugged her and told her that she was her daughter just like her sister was her daughter and the baby was her child and that she was welcome to stay as long as she wanted or needed to.  That night was the first time her ODD called her mom.  

My cousin had a baby boy and her ODD stayed with them for another 4 years while she went to college.  On the day she moved out there were smiles and tears and a reasuance that she could always come home when she needed to.

Adoptions a waist of time?  I think not.

I should state that it took 2 years to adopt them, so they were 2 and 16 when they were adopted.

Mommy of 2 boys and 1 sleeping girl

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a wonderful story...thank you for sharing! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)