Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I posted this almost a year ago - Acne and breaking out bad at 27 years old!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies

Yup, that is what my face currently looks like, as of 5 mins ago (its almost 12:25pm on 3/8/2013) I just took these pictures. My skin is so sore. =( I want to cry because no amount of make up covers this up. No amount of medicine helps.

I have been on tetracycline, doxycycline, erothymyacin, clindamyacin and minocycline. I have also used Proactive, Murad, and Skin ID. I've tried everything from Neotrogena to Clean and Clear to Clearisil to Cetaphil.

I've also gone as far as used a tomato and lime paste, lemon juice and baking soda scrub, baking soda and olive oil, egg masks, and so many more things.

This did not pop up over night. I've been dealing with severe cystic acne since I was 12 years old.

I have gone to my doctor, I have seen a dermatologist and I have been to 3 different esteticians.

My last hope is Accutane. But since I am overweight and my cholesterol is slightly higher than normal I can NOT go on it.

My current skin care routine is washing my face with warm water and cetaphil. Then I rinse with cool and then cold water. I apply a water based moisturizer. I barely wear make up. Then halfway through the day my face gets so oily, I could grease up 10 cars, so I again, wash in warm water and cetaphil then rinse in cool, apply water based moisturizer. And at night, same deal, wash with warm water and cetaphil, rinse in cool, apply water based mositurizer.

This is probably the least harsh of my skin care routines.

SO any kind of tips that you ladies could share. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

So it has been about 10 months since I posted this. I've dealth with some pretty gnarly breakouts since then. The only thing I've done since then is I've stopped drinking soda. And I started using Olays Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit. On top of Olays night moisturizer. Here are some pictures I just took today!

I have also lost weight since the top pictures, altogether its roughly only about 30lbs total. But I only drink water - occasionally tea. I workout a lot more.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I will add that, I try my best NOT to pick at my face, I also do NOT squeeze anything!!!!!!

momsince04
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Wash your pillow cases all the time, try birth control, tanning, accutane... I have acne to, but when I got pregnant it went away, but it's starting to come back. Lose the weight so you can do the accutane. I worked for a dermatologists and it did wonders for our patients. Just has some pretty heavy side affects.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Apple Cider Vinager?
Tea Tree Oil?
brittney28
by Brittney on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Try accutane.I've seen that stuff work miracles!
brittney28
by Brittney on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Sorry I just saw you can't. What a shame that stuff really works.

Quoting brittney28:

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That looks really painful. I have no clue what you can do about it so heres a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I mentioned in my post that I want to try Accutane but my cholesterol is slightly above normal so its a no go.

Quoting brittney28:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
A friend of mine uses accutane and he swears by it. but you dry out so much that he has to drink soo much water throughout the day and his hands have what look like burns on them because they dry out so much but his face is a lot better. It did get worse before it got better though and he said he can only take it for I think 6 months and then has to stop because it can damage the body. Then I think he can go back on in 3 months for 6months again.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry. I use noxema on my face everyday. My face breaks out when i use products with oil in it. Also anything with caffeine or chocolate. My face has never gotten bad as yours.

Hope you find something that works
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM
4 moms liked this
See an allergist. It could be caused by allergies too. Accutane does work. My mom used it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)