Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I worry?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 38 Replies

My dd will be  6 months old on Monday. She still has not turned on her side or rolled over. If you lay her on her belly she can not get on her knees nor hold her self up with her arms. She does have great head control and can keep her head up. She is trying to sit up on her own and eating baby food.  She seems to be on target for everything except moving. Should I worry or is it still to early?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM

She will do it on her own.  My sisters didn't crawl til 7 1/2 months if you are worried talk to her ped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM

How do you feel about chiropractors?

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
My son didnt even try to sit until he was about 9 months old. He will be 8 tomorrow and is still perfectly fine.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

does she get a lot of tummy time?  if i'm not mistaken, children are hitting those milestones later because of the back to sleep campaign. i'm sure she's fine. 

MorphineDoll3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Play with her put her on her back or tummy and playful rolling over help her and maybe she'll do it by herself one day it's really not a big deal (for me anyways lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I love chiros but she was breech my whole pregnancy and it caused he legs to stay bent to her chest. She has not mostly straightened them so I don't want to do anything till we make sure her legs will stay straight.  hope that makes sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

mommybellygirl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM

i wouldnt worry but i would stay aware of it and work on her movement. what did the dr say at the well baby visits? just bring up your concerns next time. she seems to be making a lot of progress is some areas and not in others. some babies are just like that and will catch up later.

nikki111125
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I am not so worried about the crawling but the no movement at all. Where you put her is where she stays she won't even try to move to get a toy. If I lay her on her side she won't or can't hold herself there.

Quoting Anonymous:

She will do it on her own.  My sisters didn't crawl til 7 1/2 months if you are worried talk to her ped.

Drochmheas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

WTF????

OP, you shouldn't be "concerned", but you should be mindful.  At her next checkup, mention this to her pediatrician.  Some children are late bloomers, but this is also about the time neurological issues can start to show up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Ok. I took my daughter when she was around 6 months because she wasn't crawling or moving very much. Within two weeks, she was crawling. 

She was born premature and I thought the delays were just a part of that. Turns out she had a subluxation that caused it to be difficult for her to move.

Quoting nikki111125:

I love chiros but she was breech my whole pregnancy and it caused he legs to stay bent to her chest. She has not mostly straightened them so I don't want to do anything till we make sure her legs will stay straight.  hope that makes sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)