Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is money really more important?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
I, at one time, worked a retail job where my wages leveled out to around 22 dollars an hour after commisions.

I loved the job, but then I hurt my back and couldn't do it anymore.

Before my dd was born, I worked at a not for profit, making only 8 dollars an hour.

When I am on my death bed, I will look back at the not for profit with more pride than any amount of money I ever made.

Money isn't everything. I had a positive impact on the lives of people who needed my help. THAT is something to be proud of.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Imagine being that proud of what you do and making a lot (a lot is all perspective) while doing it. That is (well will me me again in a few years) me. I as so proud of the title I hold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Money is important though. I do think it's important to do something you love but that may not always pay the bills. At that time you General you) have to realize that the responsible thing to do is to get a job making more so you can afford to live.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I love the money I make at my job. :)

In all reality, doing something like that is great. But for me it would have to be a second priority. I still have kids to feed and provide for. I am in a sales job that I average about $20 an hour for and like you, i absolutely love it. I could work something else part time, but the job that pays my bills is my top priority right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM
The problem is, if everyone thought that way, non profits and not for profits would not exist, and I believe that our society is better for them.

Quoting Elyce225:

Money is important though. I do think it's important to do something you love but that may not always pay the bills. At that time you General you) have to realize that the responsible thing to do is to get a job making more so you can afford to live.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)