Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Not Paying!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

My ex husband is stirring up trouble when he knows I cant do much about it. He is filling all these different court dates and contempt orders all at once and I think its his GF behind it. For over 2 years I been ordered to pay $120 a week in child support and never had a problem with it until I no longer worked and started collecting unemployment. My unemployment ran out this past October and I am now 5 months behind in CS. I tried to work for the past year but I got hit with a very hard pregnancy and was hospitalize for a while and had to have a blood transfusion due to being so anemic (caused by internal bleeding in the bowels). Im a month away from delivering and my ex husband knows I cant get to his state to deal with court. Im in TX and everything is in CT. I believe its the GF behind all this because she is trying to take over as mommy to my oldest and being a bus driver she will be out of work soon. My ex husband was using the CS on her and not our daughter. I know this only because my daughter tells me she goes to grandma's (his mother) house a lot and daddy brings the GF to go skiing, nascar races, trips, ect. I just found out they raised my CS from $120 to $150 a week to cover the arrearage. I called the CSE today and explained what was going on with me and they told me they will be putting in to modify and as long as I have a DRs note explaining my condition and why I can not attend court I will be ok.

Now before any of you jump down my throat about the responsiblity of having a child and the need to support them I want to say I love my child and I was paying CS until I no longer had an income. I am remarried and my husband does work but his money goes to all household bills and not much is left over afterwards. Im not looking to get rid of CS, I just want it to be lowered or something until I am well enough to go back to the work force.

To answer everyone at once about why I dont have custody of my oldest.......... Long story short I was military and my ex filed divorce and custody while I was still in training. The CT courts dont seem to like military mothers and gave my ex husband primary physical custody. Ive been fighting this for almost 3 years now and want my daughter with me.

To those of you who keep saying I shouldnt of gotten pregnant well I got something to say about that. My husband and I already have a 18 month old and this will be our second together. This pregnancy was unexpected since my birth control failed me. Me getting pregnant is not taking from my first child because I was still sending her school supplies and clothes (4 times a year) plus I talk to her every night on the phone. Once I return to work I fully intend to send CS again but it still needs to be lowered. The orginal order was set when I was earning $1600 a month plus getting $950 for housing/food and now its hard to find something that pays that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

did you request a modification of support when you lost your job?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

IF not this is what you should have done 5 months ago. Hopefully you can get it straightened out soon

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

did you request a modification of support when you lost your job?

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

pay for the child....and do it happily!! 120 a week is surely her part of the bills and wellbeing!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

so why don't you have custody?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

So just call and explain to your kid that they can't eat or have electricity until you get better.  The world doesn't stop because you are in a tough spot,  why did you 1.  breed while unemployed,  2.  while owing money for another child,  3.  while not having custody of your other child?

hazel1922
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
This

Quoting bustybee:

so why don't you have custody?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I am totally judging you for not having custody of your child. I can't think of a single thing in the world that would take my child from me. Whatever comes your way, you deserve. The child doesn't stop needing things just because you are playing house and starting your new family.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Love doesn't pay the bills or feed children and having another child before you are comfortably taking care of the first one is irresponsible and selfish!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)