Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a diva?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I was reading a blog yesterday about saving money, and the blogger suggested using the "Diva Cup" during your period to save money on tampons and pads.  I looked it up.  Unfortunately, I was correct in my assumption.  You catch your menstrual blood in a reusable cup.

1. I can't imagine ever being so hard up for cash that tampons are the thing that has to be cut from the budget.  I would literally sooner give up toothpaste or deodorant.

2. Who the hell feels like a diva while walking around with a diaphragm (let's be honest, that's exactly what it is!) full of blood in her vagina?  Who named this thing?

Have you ever or would you ever use a "diva cup"?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

No, that sounds disgusting.

winkyloafer
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I'm a diva because I don't use a Diva Cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_McCool
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I use the keeper which is a gum rubber menstrual cup, and I love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I've heard people talk about it. I personally would not use it.
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM
It sounds too messy for me. And I'm not a personal fan of sticking my fingers inside me. I know a lot of women on here seem to like them though. But I have the Mirena and haven't had a period in 2 years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Have you ever had an accident with it?  When I was reading about these, all I could think about was it getting dislodged.  It would be like 10 times worse than the 7th grade leak.

Quoting A_McCool:

A_McCool
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I had to use a pad as backup for the first two or three cycles as there is a bit of a learning curve; however, after that I've not had any issues.  If it is placed correctly and is the right size, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever had an accident with it?  When I was reading about these, all I could think about was it getting dislodged.  It would be like 10 times worse than the 7th grade leak.

Quoting A_McCool:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

No.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I personally have no interest in using the diva cup, but I don't think it's any more gross than having a bloody stringed tissue up there. Periods suck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)