Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boys don't get birthday parties!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
Yes you heard right. Due to having a very small family and limited friends w/kids We don't throw birthday parties for our boys. We instead allow the birthday boy to choose where he would like just my Dh and I to take him for lunch and where they would like to spend the afternoon. My mom watches our other two boys while we take the birthday boy out. We usually will do cake and ice cream at my mom's house with our kids and my sister's kids before heading home. It works for us and our boys love it. Tomorrow is my son's 6th birthday and We our taking him to red robin for lunch and swing around fun town for the afternoon. Should prove to be a fun day. Complete with a Jake and the neverland pirate cake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sdks2011
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
We don't do parties either. They get to plan out their whole day...paint ball, laser tag, movie , dinner, whatever their heart desires within reason of course...it is their day and we try to make it special for them. It works great for our family...we aren't big party people anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

We do small parties but when we don't we never exclude the other children from the fun.  My children like it that way they always want their brother there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)