Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Commissions and Child Support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My friend was out looking for a car and saw my ex on the lot.  Turns out he now is a car salesman, news to me! My 3 year review opportunity is coming up and I was thinking of filing.  I know car salesmen get commissions but another friend said it was all commission.  How would CS look at it for income calculations.  I have no clue how long he has worked there but he is 3 K behind.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Does anyone know about commission work or the car industry?

gizmo538
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I wouldn't know ... so here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thanks for the bump I'm amazed how quickly posts are dropping to the third or fourth pages today.

Quoting gizmo538:

I wouldn't know ... so here's a bump.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
My husband sold cars back in the day. He doesn't pay CS but yes it's basically all commission.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Do you know if there was a lot of flex from month to month or if it was fairly dependable?

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I would think they'd take an average from the year. If he's only worked there....say 3 months...they'd add up all that he's made and divide by 3. That would be his average.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM

There is tons of change from month to month.  You would be better off waiting until he has been there a year and having it reevaluated.  You may be shooting yourself in the foot though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know if there was a lot of flex from month to month or if it was fairly dependable?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I know he has arrears, do you think they will take more out in a good month? Officially he only needs to pay $10 a month towards arrears, but will they usually take more till the arrears go away or does he have to do that separately?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

There is tons of change from month to month.  You would be better off waiting until he has been there a year and having it reevaluated.  You may be shooting yourself in the foot though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)