Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

Bunion surgery? What was your experience with it? I'm going in next week to get mine fixed, and my doctor said I'll be on crutches for 1-2 weeks, then a walking cast for a couple weeks, then at 4-6 weeks, I should be able to get the cast removed completely, and start working on full weight bearing activity. But, for the first couple weeks, he wants me to do pretty much nothing.  Does this sound about right to you? It just seems like an awful long time that I won't be able to do a whole lot. I mean, I was able to do pretty much everything I normally do 4 days after a c-section, surely this shouldn't take so long to recover from!

Also, how in the heck am I going to shower without getting my foot and the floor wet????

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Cast Covers

http://www.amazon.com/Showersafe-Cast-Bandage-Protector-Ankle/dp/B000PBVE6S

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

LOL bunion. 

Tired of the average bitch groups, but love drama and snark? Join us, on Exile Island, where EVERYONE is welcome!

godsgirl26
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

But hope you heal fast.

AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Ya know, I think I'd rather use duct tape! Lol Those things are awful!

Quoting Sassy762:

Cast Covers

http://www.amazon.com/Showersafe-Cast-Bandage-Protector-Ankle/dp/B000PBVE6S

hkelly7
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

my mom has- I remember she said it was painful, she had to wear a wrap/cast for like 2weeks,but she saidit wassooooo worth it. ooops too lazy to fix spaces :P

AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thanks :) I can't wait until it's all over, so I can wear cute shoes again! Lol

Quoting godsgirl26:

No.

But hope you heal fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

My MIL had it on both feet and she was out of work for about 4 months. They would only do one foot at a time. Sounds about right to me. IDK how she showered. I know she complained of pain. I had to get cortisone shots in my foot and that shit hurt, IDK how I would handle foot surgery! Good luck!

AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Did she have to get screws put in her foot too? My doc said he's putting 2 of them in mine. My husband thinks I'm going to be miserable in cold weather with them.

Quoting hkelly7:

my mom has- I remember she said it was painful, she had to wear a wrap/cast for like 2weeks,but she saidit wassooooo worth it. ooops too lazy to fix spaces :P

AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM

See, for me, I think surgery would be easier than shots! I'm a big baby when it comes to needles. Even when I was in labor with my first dd, I refused to get an epidural because I was afraid of the needle.

Quoting Anonymous:

My MIL had it on both feet and she was out of work for about 4 months. They would only do one foot at a time. Sounds about right to me. IDK how she showered. I know she complained of pain. I had to get cortisone shots in my foot and that shit hurt, IDK how I would handle foot surgery! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)