Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is almost impossible for me to

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
Sit and watch an entire movie. I no longer have the attention span necessary to watch ANYTHING for more than 30 minutes. It takes me forever to get through a DVR'd show because I'm constantly stopping it to go do something else. Or I have to rewind because I was distracted or just stopped paying attention. And this is while watching stuff I like and want to watch.

This hasn't been too much of a bother until this semester. My history professor has decided he's teaching the course through film. Last Tuesday we watched "Triumph of the Will", 114 minutes. At least half of that was Nazis marching. There are also many silent films, such as "The Battleship Potemkin" and the migraine inducing "Man With a Movie Camera".
This class is torturous. Sigh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I can't watch TV either. I get distracted by the stupidest things. I saw a psychiatrist and he put me on adderall. I function better, and can actually sit through a movie.
AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I've never been able to just sit and watch a movie. I have to be doing something else at the same time, or I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I usually crochet or do puzzles or something while I watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)