Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Women's Day

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sorry, but I'm a woman every day...at least I think so...hold on let me check. Yup I'm a woman lol. Anyway, I'm not all up in arms about it like it's the second coming so instead I shall post funny things and hopefully you will all have a laugh and then tomorrow we will continue being women,..unless we don't want to then we won't.

Ha ha ha ha you've got a stalker, you've got a stalker I don't you do you're gonna die I can sleep at night, neh neh heh heh. ~ Foamy 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Josie_P
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM
The point of today is not 'being a woman everyday.' Do you even know the origins of the holiday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

It's celebrating women and all the struggles they went through to become individuals. It's about showing love and respect for women, also something that can be done every day. In some places it is celebrated like Mother's Day and Valentine's Day, it's not even a political thing. It's like oh thanks for giving birth to me, thanks for being tough, thanks for having a vagina. The first day was celebrated in 1909. Everyone knows the struggles that women had to go through back in the day, being treated like property and not being allowed to vote. When I see the women from the women's sufferage thing walking around in the old time dresses all I can think is aren't you trying to push women forward because dressing like that doesn't look like it. To me it's just another day being me. 

Quoting Josie_P:

The point of today is not 'being a woman everyday.' Do you even know the origins of the holiday?

Josie_P
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
You are right about some things but also very wrong about other things. I live in Russia. It is a very important day. In some countries, this day is the only day women feel respected and empowered. I guess when you live in a country where women have equal opportunities, it's easy to believe that "it's just another day." But for a lot of women, today is their day to be special.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

It's celebrating women and all the struggles they went through to become individuals. It's about showing love and respect for women, also something that can be done every day. In some places it is celebrated like Mother's Day and Valentine's Day, it's not even a political thing. It's like oh thanks for giving birth to me, thanks for being tough, thanks for having a vagina. The first day was celebrated in 1909. Everyone knows the struggles that women had to go through back in the day, being treated like property and not being allowed to vote. When I see the women from the women's sufferage thing walking around in the old time dresses all I can think is aren't you trying to push women forward because dressing like that doesn't look like it. To me it's just another day being me. 

Quoting Josie_P:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

There's International Mens Day.

Like all holidays, it's important for some, not important for others. Eh.

wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I understand it being an amazing day if your a woman in a country with dicks for men. You know where you get beat for smiling at someone of the opposite sex or get acid thrown in your face or something like that. 

Quoting Josie_P:

You are right about some things but also very wrong about other things. I live in Russia. It is a very important day. In some countries, this day is the only day women feel respected and empowered. I guess when you live in a country where women have equal opportunities, it's easy to believe that "it's just another day." But for a lot of women, today is their day to be special.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Quoting Josie_P:

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

As a Russian major in college, I learned International Womens' Day is VERY important! So I do a little happy dance every year on this day :)

My university used to give out individual flowers to women who passed by this one area of campus to tell them Happy International Womens' Day :)

wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I just think it should be a lets all be nice every day instead of dicks

Quoting ethans_momma06:

There's International Mens Day.

Like all holidays, it's important for some, not important for others. Eh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)