• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i guess im not allowed to miss him.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

so my df got a new job, and its 10 hour days 7 days a week, which is amazing for us because now we will be able to move to a bigger apartment instead of a one bedroom. anyway so he goes to work before me and ds wake up and come home after me and ds go to sleep, so i never get to see him, ds is grumpy because he never gets to see him....and i just miss him, so my friend was talking to me yesterday and asked how everything was going and i said "eh its good df is rarely home and i just miss him" she then says "well at least he's not in germany like my husband is" and she hung up on me......so apperently im not allowed to miss df because he's not in germany or a different country....yeah i get its not like deployment but its an adjustment after him being home every single night for years and then not being here......

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM

bump

AHmom103
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Aww, that sucks. Maybe try to rearrange your schedule so you can spend at least a little time with him? When my husband still worked swing shift, I would stay up until after he got home at night so I could eat dinner with him before going to bed.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I feel you. My dh was TDY to California came back for two weeks and left again today to get our stuff ready in Guam, a friends husband is deployed to Afghanistan and she's been giving me shit for posting how I'm sad that my dh is gone again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
It's ok to miss him. They miss their dh and are having a hard time dealing with it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting AHmom103:

Aww, that sucks. Maybe try to rearrange your schedule so you can spend at least a little time with him? When my husband still worked swing shift, I would stay up until after he got home at night so I could eat dinner with him before going to bed.

i go to  bed a little after ds does so i can wake up with him and not be really tired in the morning, but i could try that every once in a while....im just in that stage of, i want my hubby dont go to work today lol he has to do this for 6 months and then the mandatory over time will slow down but its gonna suck doing all of our family stuff without him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM
My man works 10-12 hours day and I still see him in the morning and at night. What time does he leave and return?
littledoggie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I felt the same way when my husband worked nights.  We had just moved into a new house, and I felt like we were living two seperate lives.  We made it work until he could switch shifts.  I stayed up until he got home so that we at least had some time together everyday.  I doubt your friend meant to hurt you.  I hope that you and your df and ds can work out a schedule so that you all get to spend time with each other. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting paulswifey11:

It's ok to miss him. They miss their dh and are having a hard time dealing with it

yeah its been almost a month and im at that point where i just want him here with me cuz i miss him

smuckin_fart
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM
She's just sensitive. i know how you feel though. it sucks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Your friend is only thinking of herself and if she didn't want to hear your feelings she shouldn't have asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)