Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so SICK of Judgemental Moms!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

You have no idea how rough my life was before I moved here-the stress, being on public assistance. It was A LOT. I move to this town and the mother's are very judgemental. No, I do NOT work. I am a single mother. I'm on disability and NOT on public assistance (not that it matters-just stating) When you are on Disability you are granted Medicare NOT 'caid which I pay for each month, thank you. My child is on his father's insurance through his father's job-NOT that any of this matters-just simply stating facts.

One mother is a part time real estate agent, her husband works full time outside the home. This mother said she will attempt to call when she has 'free time' and that no man she knows will want to date me because men like women who have jobs. Um, your always home-you have free time to call and thanks for the snide remark about my dating life. 2nd mother asks me the other day, 'Was your mother a stay at home mom too?' Why do you CARE what my mother did 20 years ago? I mean, good God. I'm so irritated right now and I'm PMS'ng!

What is a good response to these comments?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

The second comment was nothing wrong.... The first yeah that's messed up.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Linds2Horse
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM

For the PT real estate mom, "I look forward to your call."

For the second mom, "Yes (or no) thank you for asking.  What about your mom? Was she a SAHM also?"

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Stop talking to bitches like that. That's your best comeback!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

If you don't like your situtation and circumstances, change them. 

The best revenge is living well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My only response is to never let people know my circumstance in the first place. I don't owe explanations to anyone and it's rude to ask those questions of others. No reason they need to know you're disabled or that you have medicare, or who pays your sons insurance. For all they know you have investment income. In this case you're your own worst enemy. 

lowencope
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
That's rude. That's what I would say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Stfu! Myob! You're ugly!

Those would be my responses.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Why and how do they know so much about your personal life????

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)