• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF ignored my Bday completely...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

She is supposed to be my BF, and she's never missed my b-day before. But she didn't text, email, call, post on Facebook - NOTHING. I wasn't expecting a present or anything, but to be completly ignored?! And, on top of no contact, on the day of my B-day she had a co-hosted Pampered Chef / Karaoke night at her house with one of her friends. (Her friend invited me to that, she didn't even invite directly - I declined, but did not point out that it was my B-day.)

(History - we've been friends for about 9 years, were college roomies, and have been co-workers repeatedly)

To be a little fair, she does have a new boyfriend, and she was starting a new job the Monday after my B-day. But still. Not cool. 

Now her birthday is coming up (our B-days are about 1 1/2 weeks apart) and I received an invite from one of her friends (the party co-host from before) who is throwing a drink/dinner/dancing bash. I'm torn between ignoring it completly because she pissed me off and hurt my feelings, or going or not going. They will be drinking, going to dinner, and going clubbing / dancing. I OBVIOUSLY can't drink (Preggo!) and I don't really enjoy drunk people when I can't drink. Clubbing has never been my thing, and since I'm 26 weeks pregnant, dancing doesn't sound that fun. I was considering just going to dinner, if I go at all.

Am I over-reacting? What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)