Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o Is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Well I guess the question isn't is this normal, but how do I keep calm about it? My DD is 3 and loves to touch her private area, A LOT! When I took her to her peds she told me to make sure I clean down there really well..... So last night I was cleaning her and she started giggling and said "mommy that tickles, do it again." I told her no, that area is private and only mommy can do that. But literally, she loves to keep her legs open and all you see is her little hand creeping down there! Its freaking me out!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM

yup, normal.

My son used to do it too..they are exploring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I know, but how do I stay calm about it. Usually, I tell her "no no"

Quoting Sekirei:

yup, normal.

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I normally just tell my son that is something he does only in his room. I guess I never really got upset about it. I was warned by both my mum and MIL that children do it. Both of them gave me the same advice. Just tell them that it is only appropriate in private. 

All I can say is just keep telling yourself it is natural and she will grow out of wanting to do it all the time

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sekirei:

yup, normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Ok, thanks!

Quoting Sekirei:

I normally just tell my son that is something he does only in his room. I guess I never really got upset about it. I was warned by both my mum and MIL that children do it. Both of them gave me the same advice. Just tell them that it is only appropriate in private. 

All I can say is just keep telling yourself it is natural and she will grow out of wanting to do it all the time

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sekirei:

yup, normal.

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM
It's very normal just keep telling yourself that but i can see how it would freak you out. If she does it in public I would give her time out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KarmaLives13
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM

My niece did that a lot too at that age.  She grew out of it when she started Kindergarten.

teal.blaze
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Don't tell her no. Tell her it's only for private. You don't want to make her ashamed of her body. It is completely normal for her to be exploring herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Completely normal :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)